- ISSA Regional Meeting: Strategic Maintenance for Operational Excellence
- May 22, 2013
- Location: City Near You City: City Near You Country: United States of America
Presented by David Frank, American Institute for Cleaning Sciences
In today’s highly unpredictable economy, facility managers are being asked to clean buildings using fewer resources due to declining revenue and budget shortfalls. Many executives and administrators are now in uncharted waters and demanding reductions of 10-15 percent or more. This unprecedented economic downturn has impacted both private businesses and publicly funded cleaning departments. In-house managers and building service contractors must assemble an innovative strategy to clean buildings with less labor and materials. The key to a successful transition is to define the operating budget, restructure the workforce, contain all costs, and perform an operational gap analysis. Managers must abandon traditional tactics and document the elements of a coherent plan to clean the facility at a lower cost.
This half-day seminar we will identify critical elements of the ISSA Cleaning Industry Management Standard (CIMS-GB). CIMS-GB quality management principles are designed to create operational excellence for both in-house and building service contractors. Participants will learn how the elements of the standard can be used as a tool for benchmarking, evaluating, and improving service delivery.
- Learn the principles of workloading and how to redefine staffing levels
- Understand benchmark statistics
- Balance areas of risk while redefining task frequency minimums
- How to evaluate, reduce, and redeploy the workforce
- Review of cleaning systems designs and which one is best suited for the operation
- Explore the elements of a comprehensive sustainability policy
- Find out how the new ISSA Value of Clean white paper can help you.
Who should attend?
- Building service contractors
- Distributor sales and marketing managers
- EVS managers and directors
- Facility managers
- Manufacturers of all cleaning products
- Property managers
- Contract and purchasing managers
- Any professional responsible for facility maintenance and budgeting.
See what others have to say:
This year's ISSA program on the value customers are demanding is extremely relevant and very timely for distributor associates. To keep up with the industry's fast pace changes, this is one program you shouldn't miss." Greg Ford, Vice President-Sales, Spartan Chemical
Dates and Locations
Columbus, OH - May 21
East Lansing, MI - May 22
8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. ISSA Regional Meeting
12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. Networking Lunch
Per Person: Member Price: US$99*/ Non-member Price: $199*
Per Company: Member Price: $599*/ Non-member Price: $999*
(maximum of 8 per company fee, must provide names two weeks before meeting date)
*Registration fee includes lunch
About the Presenter: David Frank
David Frank is the president of the American Institute for Cleaning Sciences. With more than 36 years of experience, David is the leading authority in the industry, serving facility service providers, building service contractors, distributors, and manufacturers. He is an active member and frequent speaker for ISSA, APPA, EPA, and the U.S. Green Building Council. David has served on many committees to develop standards for the industry. AICS is one of the leading authorities on the commercial cleaning industry. AICS is a co-administrator of the comprehensive CIMS-GB cleaning management standard and acts as the registrar for the CIMS certification program. AICS has authored numerous industry books, software applications, sustainability programs, and other resources designed to promote professionalism in the industry. To learn more, visit www.aics.com.
This session qualifies for continuing professional education credits toward CIMS "ISSA Certification Expert" (I.C.E.) recertification. Offer a value-added service to your organization or customers.
For more information:
- Martha Reynoso