- ISSA/INTERCLEAN Amsterdam Innovation Award Nominees Announced
March 1, 2012 — The judges for the ninth edition of the ISSA/INTERCLEAN® Amsterdam Innovation Award—the prestigious, international prize for the best innovation in the professional cleaning industry—have selected nine nominees from a total of 71 entries. The overall winner, category winners, and visitors’ choice winner will be announced during a special award ceremony May 8, the first day of ISSA/INTERCLEAN Amsterdam 2012, which runs through May 11 at the RAI Exhibition Centre in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
The nine nominees are:
Machines, accessories, and components category:
- CS7000, Nilfisk-Advance, Inc.
- B 80 W, Alfred Kärcher GmbH & Co. KG
- Wetrok iMatic Vive®, Alpheios International
Equipment/tools for cleaning, care, and safety category:
- Mag System, Vermop Salmon
- Rubbermaid HYGEN™ Clean Water System, Newell Rubbermaid Inc.
- CWS Washroom Information Service (WIS), CWS Boco HTS International
Cleaning management and training solutions category:
- Alpheios Infection Prevention Monitor IPM, Alpheios International
- iMAP (New and Improved), Diversey, Inc.
- ProTec Maxi Quik Fill, Ecolab, Inc.
“We have seen some truly intelligent solutions entered for this year’s award," says Amsterdam Innovation Award Jury Chair Michelle Marshall. "This demonstrates well that manufacturers are working hard to understand customers’ key challenges and requirements when they are developing new products. We should also remark on the increasing presence of information technology and web-based solutions—an encouraging progression in our industry. Manufacturing technology is also moving forward and we have seen some impressive advances in terms of sustainability, reduced waste and less demand on resources such as water, energy and chemicals."
The Amsterdam Innovation Award has developed into a prestigious prize. Last year's winner was Dutch company Baudoin Wash Systems. "Winning the Innovation Award was a fabulous token of appreciation. The product was heavily covered by the global media and attracted a lot of additional interest during and after ISSA/INTERCLEAN Amsterdam 2010," said Baudoin Representative Bart de Bonth.
The judges will jointly select the three category winners and the overall winner after a live presentation and demonstration of the nine nominated products. The winners will be announced at the special award ceremony on May 8, the first day of ISSA/INTERCLEAN Amsterdam. During this ceremony, keynote speaker Michael Braungart will explain the opportunities of the Cradle to Cradle concept for the cleaning sector.
Visitors’ Choice Award
For the first time, pre-registered visitors will have the chance to vote for their favorite nominee. The winner will be presented with the Visitors’ Choice Award during the award ceremony.
Amsterdam Innovation Award judges
The judges for this year’s Innovation Award are:
- Jury Chairman Michelle Marshall, chief editor of European Cleaning Journal, United Kingdom
- Reinhard Knittler, publisher of Reinigungs Markt,Germany
- Paolo Pellizzari, chief editor of Pulizia Industriale e Sanificazione, Italy
- Pierre Deschamps, chief editor of Batiment Entretien, France
- Rob Geissler, publisher of Sanitary Maintenance, Contracting Profits, and Housekeeping Solutions, United States
- Cor van der Velden, chief expert of Skills Netherlands, The Netherlands
- Dick van Zomeren, editor of Service Management,The Netherlands
- Ton van der Riet, managing director of Senzora, The Netherlands
Program supports African water project
The Amsterdam Innovation Award program supports the African Medical & Research Foundation’s Flying Doctors and its project in Mtwara, Tanzania, that aims at providing accessible water and sanitary facilities.
To return to ISSA News, click here.