Fourteen individuals are accredited as official Cleaning Industry Management Standard assessors. These accredited individuals conduct comprehensive assessments of those cleaning organizations that have applied for certification under CIMS.
The 15 individuals are as follows:
- Cliff Beiser of Champions Touch (Orlando, FL)
- Brent Bourne of Servitech Training Ltd. (Victoria, BC)
- John Carroll of Performance Consulting, LLC (Palmetto, FL)
- Bill Fellows of William H. Fellows, I.C.E. (Madison, TN)
- Shane Ferris of Ferris Group (Bolton, ON)
- Bill Griffin of Cleaning Consultants (Seattle, WA)
- Alfred Guaraldo of Guaraldo USA (Wilmington, DE)
- Mark Kozak of BEAM Strategic Solutions (Glen Ellyn, IL)
- John McCann of McCann Motivations (Rock Hill, SC)
- Pat McClure of HLH Systems (Dublin, OH)
- John Poole of John Poole Co. (Acworth, GA)
- Bruce Stark of Stark Consulting Group (Loveland, CO)
- Lance Witschen of 1Class Consulting (White Bear Lake, MN)
Each individual was required to attend a multiple-day training course covering the management elements of the Standard, the type of evidence that must be presented by an organization seeking certification to establish compliance, professional ethics, and the procedure that must be followed in actually conducting an assessment. Each assessor also passed an examination qualifying them as knowledgeable about the industry, the elements of CIMS, and ISSA assessment standards.
Each accredited assessor is required to comply with a strict Code of Professional Conduct to avoid potential conflicts of interest and to maintain neutrality. For example, an assessor may not perform an assessment for an organization for which he or she has provided consulting services in the past. Assessors are assigned to cleaning organizations seeking certification by ISSA's official registrar, the American Institute for Cleaning Sciences (AICS).
Besides achieving accredited assessor status, each of the nine individuals is also qualified to provide consulting and training services as an CIMS "ISSA Certification Expert." View a complete list of CIMS ISSA Certification Experts who are ready to assist cleaning organizations comply with CIMS and prepare for certification.
Interested in Becoming An Official CIMS Assessor?
ISSA anticipates looking for additional individuals to perform CIMS assessments at some point in the future. Becoming an accredited CIMS Assessor provides a terrific opportunity for industry professionals and retirees to develop a niche business or supplement existing services.
Individuals interested in attending a future CIMS Assessor Workshop and taking the accreditation examination should contact Brant Insero, ISSA Director of Facility Service Programs, at 800-225-4772 or firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
The fee for the CIMS Assessor workshop is US$1,995 per person (fee includes exam and assessor accreditation credential, which must be renewed on an annual basis).