Get your thinking cap on! Initiate and lead a custodial training project to improve the health and environment of your local schools as part of the Green Apple Day of Service program operated by the Center for Green Schools at the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC). ISSA is collaborating with the Ashkin Group and the Healthy Schools Campaign to help promote your efforts in providing healthy and green custodial training.
Clean and healthy schools protect the health of kids and staff, and promote better learning environments. Training custodians on effective cleaning processes, protecting occupant health and safety, and reducing environmental impacts is essential to help schools meet their educational goals. Join us to promote healthy and green training in schools across the country.
For more information, please visit www.greenapple.org/greencleaning.
What’s in it for you?
With this program, you can:
- Help your educational customers achieve higher standards in occupant health, efficiency, and productivity
- Be the driving force in mobilizing your community, schools, parents, students, and staff towards this end
- Get your project publicized on the Green Apple Day of Service website, the ISSA website, and ISSA Today magazine!
How the program works:
- Identify what training or efforts would be helpful to your school, or the schools in your community.
- Register your project here on the GADS website
- Schedule and conduct custodial training sessions on identified topics.
- Ensure that all levels of custodians easily understand the training sessions.
- Make sure your cleaning program is seen as part of your school's overall sustainability program.
ISSA, along with our collaborators, is here to help you along. Ask us about our Cleaning Industry Training Standard (CITS) program for custodial training, as well as our Value of Clean resources that can help you quantify the returns on effective cleaning programs.
Other Project Resources:
- Healthy Schools Campaign’s Green Clean Program.
- ISSA’s Cleaning Industry Management Standard for Green Buildings and our Cleaning Industry Training Standard.
- Green Seal’s GS-42 Commercial and Institutional Cleaning Services.
- USGBC’s LEED for Existing Buildings: Operations & Maintenance (cleaning credits in the section on Indoor Environmental Quality).
Now get your project in the spotlight by registering it on the Green Apple Day of Service website!