ISSA is determined to remain the leading worldwide association for the cleaning industry by representing all the professions it encompasses and by allying with other trade organizations that share its members’ common goals. In doing so, the association plans to leverage the strength of its global cleaning community to change the way the world views cleaning – increasing the appreciation for cleaning as an investment in human health, the environment and an improved bottom line.
This promise is based on the basic principles and strategic objectives outlined below.
ISSA will be the leading resource for information, education, networking, and commercial opportunities as well as the leading voice in government and the community for firms within the cleaning industry worldwide.
- A staff that welcomes contact with the members.
- A staff that identifies, understands, and strives to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the members in everything it does.
- A commitment to continually update the association's products and services in order to reflect both the most current needs of the membership and the trends affecting the cleaning and maintenance industry.
- To welcome and provide fair opportunity to all cleaning-industry businesses without regard to size of firm, length of time in business, or methodology of going to market.
- To represent businesses that act professionally and utilize acceptable ethical standards as defined within the ISSA Code of Ethics.
- A leadership on the Board of Directors and staff that consistently acts professionally and ethically toward the community and the membership in its principles and with the financial resources entrusted to the association.
To achieve our vision, we must:
- Facilitate ongoing networking, communications, and commercial opportunities for the members.
- Provide members with the highest quality, industry-specific, relevant information.
- Be the most widely accepted resource for knowledge and standards regarding professional business practices and making the scientific connection between cleaning and health.
- Have the greatest impact on establishing a global cleaning community.
For more information, contact the ISSA Marketing Department at 800-225-4772 (North America) or 847-982-0800; email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
ISSA Strategic Objectives
- Provide an evolving online community for the cleaning industry at ISSA.com where professionals can network, learn, do business, and share ideas. Continuously develop emerging technology to enhance the ISSA.com experience.
Convention and Exhibition
- Strengthen the international brand of ISSA Show by providing valuable connections, unique information, and insightful updates that attendees could not receive in their day-to-day businesses as well as expand the interaction and optimize the return on investment that exhibitors receive from the events.
- Expand membership and services to firms in targeted regions around the globe and increase the sharing of ideas and standards across borders.
- Develop foreign tradeshows as a revenue source and to facilitate international trade member services.
Cleaning Science & Health
- Make the connection between cleaning and health through scientific research.
Industry Advocacy and Compliance
- Be the leading advocate of the cleaning industry, encompassing the entire supply chain, from in-house service providers and building service contractors to distributors and manufacturers.
- Be the leading resource in the cleaning industry for regulatory-compliance tools.
Education and Training
- Be the leading resource in the cleaning industry for training products and services for professional skills (sales, finance, etc.) and new business methods.