Forklift Specifications and Capacity
Accessible by: anyone
- Forklifts must meet the design and construction requirements established in the American National Standard for Powered Industrial Trucks, Part II ANSI B56.1-1969.
- Written approval from the forklift manufacturer should be obtained for any modifications or additions that affect the capacity and safe operation of the vehicle.
- Capacity, operation, and maintenance instruction plates, tags or decals are changed to specify any modifications or additions to the vehicle.
- Nameplates and markings are in place and maintained in a legible condition.
- Forklifts that are used in hazardous/classified locations are appropriately marked/approved for such use.
- Do forklifts have functioning warning devices such as back-up alarms, strobes, or horns? Test equipment as needed, report repairs needed, and tag out equipment that is unsafe until all repairs are made.