ISSAlert March 11, 2016
GSA Awards 31 FSSI BMO Contracts for Zone 1
GSA Now Moving Forward with Phase 2
March 11, 2016 Contact: Bill Balek
The General Services Administration (GSA) has awarded 31 companies spots on two potential 10-year contracts worth up to $30 billion combined to provide building maintenance and operations, including cleaning services, in support of the federal government’s Zone 1 sites.
These recently awarded contracts are part of the overall implementation of the Federal Strategic Sourcing Initiative (FSSI) that is being implemented under President Obama’s direction for the purpose of streamlining federal purchasing with the goal of reducing costs by 15%. The building maintenance and operations (BMO) aspect of FSSI is being implemented in phases starting first with Zone 1, which includes Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia and the District of Columbia.
Nine companies will compete for task orders under the BMO Unrestricted contract and 24 vendors have been awarded small-business positions on the BMO SB contract, according to GSA officials. Two of those companies are included in both the unrestricted and small business vehicles.
The BMO program covers “strategically sourced” electrical maintenance, janitorial, landscaping, fire alarm, suppression system maintenance, commissioning, plumbing, elevator inspection, pest control and heating, ventilating and air conditioning services.
Awardees for the unrestricted track are:
- ACEPEX Management
- AMEC Programs
- AAA Complete Building Services
- J&J Worldwide Services
- Jones Lang LaSalle Americas
- LB & B Associates
- WW Contractors
- Awardees for the small business track are:
- ACEPEX Management
- Action Facilities Management
- Ben Fitzgerald Real Estate, d.b.a. Rosemark
- CEEPCO Contracting
- Chenega Facilities Management
- CMI Management
- CTSI Facility Management
- Exemplar Enterprises
- Four Seasons Environmental International
- General Mechanical Services
- Global Precision Systems
- Infinite ABM
- Inspection Experts
- Native Energy & Technology
- PM Services
- ProSource Consulting
- Raven Services
- SDAC Facility Service
- Urban Services
- WW Contractors
- Zero Waste Solutions
Draft RFPs Posted for BMO Services Government-Wide Strategic Sourcing Solution. And now that GSA has made its BMO awards for Zone 1, it is moving forward with implementation of Phase 2 of FSSI for BMO contracts for five federal zones—Zones 2-6 that cover:
- Zone 2 – Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont
- Zone 3 – Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina
- Zone 4 – Texas, Oklahoma
- Zone 5 – California, Nevada
- Zone 6 – Missouri, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska
- Anticipated terms and conditions
- Evaluation factors and their relative importance
- Performance-Based Statement of Work (PBSOW)
GSA’s BMO initiative is intended to improve the way the federal government sources and manages building maintenance and operations services, including operations maintenance (HVAC, elevators, plumbing, electrical and building management) and facility support services (janitorial, waste management, janitorial, pest control, etc.).
However, industry observers are concerned that hundreds of small businesses, including cleaning contractors will be locked out of federal business opportunities.
To get the latest news and information about the BMO program, subscribe to our email alerts at http://bit.ly/gsabmoupdate.
– See more at: https://interact.gsa.gov/blog/draft-rfps-posted-bmo-services-government-wide-strategic-sourcing-solution#sthash.ijW5e9EM.dpuf