ISSAlert November 1, 2017
WEBINAR: California’s Cleaning Product Right to Know Act of 2017
What Businesses Must Do to Prepare
Nov. 10, 2017; 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. PT; 12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. ET
The California Legislature recently passed, and Governor Jerry Brown signed into law the Cleaning Product Right to Know Act of 2017 (SB 258), which requires manufacturers to disclose the ingredients contained in their cleaning product formulations. In certain situations, private label distributors may also need to comply with the new disclosure requirements.
ISSA invites all interested members to join us for a complimentary webinar that will help the cleaning industry prepare to comply with the California Cleaning Product Right to Know Act.
Attend our webinar set for Nov. 10 at 9 a.m.-10:30 a.m. PT; 12 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. ET.
For the first time, manufacturers of household and commercial cleaning products sold in California will be required to disclose ingredients on the product label and on the product website. These manufacturers must begin preparing now to be compliant with SB 258’s online and on-label disclosure requirements, which take effect in 2020 and 2021, respectively.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer is pleased to join the Consumer Specialty Products Association, the American Cleaning Institute and ISSA—The Worldwide Cleaning Industry Association to co-host a 90-minute webinar on this complex new law. The webinar will include the following presentations from representatives of these trade associations, as well as from government affairs and legal practitioners from Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer:
- Introduction to SB 258—The Cleaning Product Right to Know Act of 2017
- Summary and overview of SB 258, including covered products and entities, on-label and online disclosure requirements, treatment of fragrance ingredients, and other key provisions.
- Discussion of confidential business information provisions and potential legal risks, including enforcement by public entities and compliance with Proposition 65.
- Jacob Cassady, Associate Director, Government Affairs, American Cleaning Institute
- Bill Balek, Director of Legislative & Environmental Services, ISSA—The Worldwide Cleaning Industry Association
- Nicole Quinonez, Lobbyist, Randlett Nelson Madden (on behalf of CSPA)
- Trent Norris, Partner, Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer
- Peggy Otum, Partner, Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer
- Anthony Samson, Senior Attorney and Policy Advisor, Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer