Cleaning Industry Management Standard (CIMS)
Created by the Industry, for the Industry
Elevate your standards of cleanliness in your facilities and operations, in a post-pandemic world. Cleaning and disinfection have become the highest valued services facility managers consider when choosing a cleaning company. The Cleaning Industry Management Standard (CIMS) certification is proof your company follows the proper use of disinfection products and follows the stringent manufacturer procedures for proper use.
CIMS is the first consensus-based management standard that outlines the primary characteristics of a successful, quality cleaning organization. In total, more than 100,000 constituents were represented in the process, which included full peer review and was administered by ISSA and the American Institute for Cleaning Sciences (AICS).
How CIMS works
The Cleaning Industry Management Standard (CIMS) is designed to assist cleaning organizations develop an operational system that improves cleanliness outcomes and contains costs at the same time.
- Individuals who wish to assist their customers in preparing for CIMS certification can become CIMS Certification Experts (C.C.E.)
- Facility managers and others responsible for selecting a cleaning service provider can gain an increased level of confidence in their contractor by using CIMS and CIMS-Green Building(CIMS-GB) as a powerful pre-qualification tool.
- CIMS and CIMS-GB certification demonstrates an organization is prepared to deliver quality, customer-focused services and ensures an organization is capable of delivering a comprehensive green cleaning program based on LEED: EB O&M green-cleaning criteria.
Set Your Company Apart
- Be listed as one of ISSA’s elite BSC organizations
- Use CIMS certificate, checklist, and digital materials as powerful marketing tools
- Instill pride in employees
- Use logo on all documents and electronic forms of communication
- Participate in RFPs requiring CIMS
- Save money to reinvest and show higher profits
- Provide cleaner, healthier buildings
- Become an environmentally conscious company by fulfilling LEED requirements
CIMS Certification| In-House Service Providers
- Complying with the cornerstone elements of CIMS, an in-house cleaning department will be uniquely prepared to improve the efficiency of its services, advance the organizational master plan, achieve budgetary support in the board room, and improve the overall performance of their cleaning service.
- An in-house organization cannot afford to take a chance when it comes to cleanliness and good sanitation.
- CIMS is a management framework that is based on universally-accepted management principles, the Standard sets forth a sustainable business model that can apply to other services with only slight adjustment.
CIMS Certification| Building Service Providers
- CIMS presents the opportunity to building service contractors to validate their commitment to quality and customer satisfaction. Only a CIMS-certified organization can say that an independent third party has actually performed an assessment of their systems, processes, and policies.
- Additionally, they have instituted the management framework required by CIMS and demanded by those individuals responsible for selecting a cleaning service provider.
- CIMS has received an official endorsement from the International Facility Management Association (IFMA), who has recognized the program as a powerful tool their members can use to pre-qualify contractors.
CIMS Next Steps
- Certify your operations in CIMS or CIMS-GB| Contact, Charlie Janowicz at 800-225-4772 or email@example.com.
- Obtain an individual C.C.E. certification
- Learn how CIMS-GB certification can position you to assist customers in securing LEED credits!
- See additional tools to enhance your certification
- Choose a CIMS-Certified Contractor within the CIMS directory, Click here.
- Renew CIMS or CIMS-GB Certification
- Renew C.C.E. Certification