Cleaning Industry Management Standard (CIMS)
CIMS | The Standard Overview
The Cleaning Industry Management Standard is the first consensus-based management standard that outlines the primary characteristics of a successful, quality cleaning organization.
CIMS is designed to assist cleaning organizations in thoroughly understanding the customer’s service requirements. It also encourages service providers to manage their organization in a manner that is predicated on ensuring quality, efficiency and overall customer satisfaction.
Therefore, CIMS helps them set up a management system that allows an organization to meet those goals. In essence, the Standard should be thought of as a management framework that can be used to develop customer-centered, quality organizations.
- Provides procedures and policies for cleaning organizations to follow when implementing their own quality management programs.
- Guides cleaning organizations through documentation, in ensuring quality, efficiency, and overall customer satisfaction.
- Dictates clearly defined management system allowing cleaning organization to use as a framework to develop customer-centric quality organizations.
Who can be Certified in the CIMS Standard?
This Standard applies, without respect to the size of the organization, both to cleaning organizations that self-perform cleaning and to cleaning contractors. It is designed for facility services professionals: In-house Service Providers (ISP) and Building Service Providers (BSC). Building service companies can become trained consultants with GBAC STAR Services Accreditation. Whereas, In-House Service Providers can gain further individual certifications through ISSA’s Cleaning Management Institute (CMI) programs. Learn more
Executive Housekeepers and Environmental Service Professionals
Cleaning professionals can become CIMS Certified Expert (CCE) ® through online and virtual training. Learn More
What Does the CIMS Certification Mean?
The Cleaning Industry Management Standard (CIMS) certification is proof your company follows the proper use of disinfection products and follows the stringent manufacturer procedures for proper use.
- Quality Systems
- Service Delivery
- Human Resources
- Health, Safety, and Environmental stewardship
- Green building (GB)
- What Are the Benefits of CIMS Certification?
It provides third-party validation that your facility or service provider meets a higher level of cleanliness and safety.
With CIMS, you are:
- Validating your commitment to quality practices and customer satisfaction
- Implementing management framework in check with policies and procedures
- Protecting building occupants now and in the future
- Prepared for any recurring challenges in your workplace or facility
With CIMS, your organization is:
- Improving the efficiency of its services
- Advancing organizational master plan
- Achieving budgetary support
- Improving overall performance of their cleaning service
- Empowering employees to do their jobs safely and effectively
- Training to be in compliance with industry standards and procedures
- Bringing value to their communities and contributing to public health
With CIMS, your customers have:
- The assurance that the facility has been cleaned and managed to the highest standards
- Renewed trust in building cleanliness and safety and quality
- Increased confidence to enter and feel comfortable inside the building
- Peace of mind that proper cleaning is an ongoing facility management priority
What people are saying about CIMS