Get CIMS Certified
What is CIMS Certification?
CIMS applies to management, operations, performance systems, and processes. Compliance with the Standard demonstrates an organization is structured to deliver consistent, quality services that are designed to meet the customer’s needs and expectations. It sets forth processes, procedures, and supporting documentation proven to be characteristic of customer-driven organizations. CIMS is nonprescriptive and each individual organization has the flexibility to choose the most effective ways in which to meet its requirements.
The Standard is divided into six areas of management best practices:
- Quality systems
- Service delivery
- Human resources
- Health, safety, and environmental stewardship
- Management commitment
- Green Building (GB)
|Free CIMS Resources|
|The CIMS Standard|
|CIMS Brochure (PDF)|
|Self-Assessment Compliance Checklist (PDF)|
|CIMS LinkedIn Group|
CIMS applies to an organization in its entirety, rather than to a specific individual, process or product, and without respect to the size of the organization. Find out how certification applies to multiple-location service organizations.
Ultimately, the CIMS program is all about saving money. By implementing an effective management framework and green cleaning program, organizations are positioned to improve operational efficiency and better serve their customers, which naturally leads to cost savings. Click here to learn how one CIMS-certified organization has enjoyed more than US$400,000 in annual savings as a result of their certification efforts.
How to Get CIMS Certified
To achieve CIMS certification, a facility service provider organization must submit written documentation supporting their compliance with the requirements described in the five key sections of the Standard. To achieve certification, an organization must meet 100 percent of the mandatory elements and 60 percent of the recommended elements, per section.
An ISSA-accredited third-party assessor then conducts an on-site review of the applicant’s systems, processes, and documentation to ensure compliance, as well as visits individual customer accounts or locations to ensure that the organization’s activities are consistent with the documented systems and processes. Access a detailed overview of the CIMS certification process (PDF).
For more information about CIMS Certification contact:
- For the United States, Canada, Latin & South America: Charlie Janowicz, ISSA CIMS Account Executive, at 800-225-4772 or email@example.com )
- For Europe, Middle East & Africa: Alexandra Adams, ISSA Program Development Manager, at +49 6131 636 7824 or firstname.lastname@example.org / Manuela D’Agata, ISSA International Education & Certification Director, +31 629405309 (Netherlands) or email@example.com
- For the United Kingdom: visit ukcims.issa.com or contact Alexandra Adams, ISSA Program Development Manager, at +49 6131 636 7824 or firstname.lastname@example.org / Manuela D’Agata, ISSA International Education & Certification Director, +31 629405309 (Netherlands) or email@example.com
Application, Certification and Assessment Fees for the US
All fees are in U.S. dollars:
- Application Fee: $500
- Certification Fee: $995 (ISSA Member),$1,695 (Nonmember)
- Assessment Fees: $1,500 per assessment day*
*The length of an assessment depends on the size and scope of the organization.
Applicants will also be responsible for reasonable assessor expenses. Download the CIMS Fee Payment Policy (PDF).