Adapting to a Changing Environment in Aged Care
Aged care is a specialised area dealing with vulnerable people. Working in this environment requires cleaners to have a broader skillset to comply with regulations and expectations, not to mention enhance the overall aged care experience.
All aged care workers should understand the differences in cleaning for various areas of aged care, such as dementia and palliative care. Employers and staff also should be aware of the mental health implications of working in such an environment.
It is imperative that thorough cleaning and hygiene programs and training exist and evolve to manage aged care facilities and support cleaning staff.
Join this ISSA webinar with Lesley Jones and Sean Matthews to learn about the changing aged care environment—particularly in light of The Royal Commission and the unprecedented events of 2020—and how this impacts the way cleaning contractors work in the aged care industry.
During this webinar you’ll learn:
- Aspects of a cleaning/hygiene specialist in aged care
- How important are standards 5,6, and 7 to cleaning in Aged Care and Royal Commission recommendations?
- Key skills recommended to complement cleaning standards and practice.
- Understanding cleaning for dementia and palliative care
- Mental health and wellbeing of a cleaning specialist
- Potential career path opportunities and developing certifiable training.
Who should attend?
- Business service contractors looking to service aged care organisations
- Cleaning personnel who are working in aged care or have an interest in aged care
- Executive management to understand the wider implications of servicing aged care
- Facilities managers – who are managing a cluster of aged care homes
- Cleaning contractors – to understand the fundamentals of aged care
- Business and sales professionals.
Lesley Jones, Head Trainer at Smarter Skills
Jones has more than 30 years of experience in nursing. She is a registered nurse and midwife and has substantial teaching experience. She is currently training health care topics, including infection control and environmental cleaning, to organisations and contractors. Jones is also a fire safety manager providing fire education in health care facilities. Jones and her partner Steve run CPR and first aid in their business Smarter Skills.
Sean Matthews, Managing Director at Banksia Consulting Group
Matthews has over 30 years of experience working in leadership and B2B distribution channels for large commercial businesses and nonprofits with expertise in aged and health care sectors and health and hygiene solutions. Matthews is a member of the Australasian College of Infection Control Professionals (ACIPC) and as lead transformation programs implementing ISSA Professional Auditing Program at Winc Australia for their health, hygiene, and safety specialists and developed a site survey app for aged care to uncover and educate aged care homes and hospitals on improved infection prevention and manage risk. Matthews is passionate about transformation and change within the aged and health care sector and improving the health and welfare of elderly residents and patients.
|Member Register||NonMember Register|
|FREE for ISSA members||AUD$20 for non-members|
July 28 2021, 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
|Add to my calendar:||
Click to Choose07/28/2021 11:00 AM07/28/2021 12:00 PMAustralia/Sydney Adapting to a Changing Environment in Aged Care
Aged care is a specialised area dealing with vulnerable people. Working in this environment requires cleaners to have a broader skillset to … full detail