GBAC Bio-Remediation and Response Fundamentals Course
Accessible by: anyone
The GBAC Bio-Remediation and Response Fundamentals Course includes:
- Responding to a situation that that involves biological materials – GBAC protocol for site evaluation and response.
- Fundamentals of biohazardous material clean-up
- Cleaning, sanitization, and decontamination – know the difference!
- Basics of personal protective equipment (PPE) and the importance of proper donning and doffing procedures.
- Waste management considerations
- Innovative cutting-edge solutions and equipment and how to use them. Participants will have fun performing hands on exercises with real equipment and solutions.
- Quality performance management measures
- GBAC TIERS of Forensic Restoration©
- How to recognize when to call a GBAC-Certified Forensic Operator®.
Key Learning Objectives
Students completing this course will be able to:
- Describe the key components of the GBAC protocol on biohazardous/ biological materials remediation.
- Perform and demonstrate competencies in the use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) to protect themselves and describe its role in infection control.
- Define the differences between cleaning, sanitization and disinfection.
- Explain the tools, equipment and solutions used in the industry.
- Characterize different types of biological risks and how they impact decisions in bio-remediation.
- Describe the basic principles of biological risk management in bio-
Who should attend?
The GBAC Bio-Remediation and Response Fundamentals Course is designed for individuals who in the course of their job respond to situation where potentially infectious agents are involved.
The following are examples:
- Environmental services professionals
- Biohazardous spill team members
- Entry level Forensic Restoration® team members
- gMIST™ service technicians
- Cleaning professionals i.e.: custodial services personnel, residential & hotel service professionals, in house service providers, building service providers
- Hospital environmental services, infection control professionals
- Biosafety professionals
- EHS professionals.
GBAC trained professionals bring increased value to their employers and customers by demonstrating competence to carry out their responsibilities and by achieving high standards of excellence, professionalism, and continuous learning. By earning GBAC certifications, professionals will reap the benefits of safer workplaces, career development, and national recognition among colleagues.
Course questions and information:
Patty Olinger, 678-430-1044, firstname.lastname@example.org
January 22 2020, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
|LOCATION:||3300 Dundee RdISSANorthbrook, IL, United States|
|CONTACT:||Mark Warner, TJ Grim 800-225-4772 (North America) or 847-982-0800 email@example.com|
|Add to my calendar:||
Click to Choose01/22/2020 08:00 AM01/22/2020 05:00 PMAmerica/Chicago GBAC Bio-Remediation and Response Fundamentals Course
The GBAC Bio-Remediation and Response Fundamentals Course includes: Responding to a situation that that involves biological materials – GBAC protocol for site … full detailISSA
3300 Dundee Road, Northbrook, IL, USA
Mark Warner, TJ Grim
800-225-4772 (North America) or 847-982-0800