ISSA-GBAC Forensic Restoration Operator Training
GBAC Forensic Restoration Operator® training is 3.5 days of intense training unlike any other in the industry. Lead by Jeff Jones, Certified Forensic Operator and Certified Bio-Forensic Restoration Specialist, this training involves hands on in the field training.
Completion of Forensic Operator Training is the first step to becoming an ISSA- GBAC Certified Forensic Operator.
- Course topics that will be covered:
- What is forensic restoration?
- Biosafety for the forensic operator (this section will fulfill annual BBP
- GBAC Bio-Forensic Tiers© explained
- How to use the GBAC Bio-Forensic Tiers to select PPE and talk with insurance companies
- Rules, regulations, and guidelines
- Cleaning and sanitization vs decontamination. Know the difference.
- What is Forensic Cleaning?
- Site assessment/risk assessment
- The GBAC Protocol© for site remediation and clearance
- Safety and environmental considerations
- Personal Protective Equipment – PPE donning and doffing.
- Waste management.
- LOTS of hands on experiences.
- Validation – When is clean clean?
- Equipment –Tools, sprayers, scrubbers. extractors, solutions, ATP
testers, and more….
- Importance of communications, with your team and your customers.
- Classroom and field competency testing
- Technical resources
- Connecting with the ISSA-GBAC Network.
What is Forensic Restoration?
Forensic Restoration is the comprehensive response and remediation to situations and structures that are contaminated or suspected to be contaminated with biohazardous materials. The objective of Forensic Restoration is to return situations and structures to pre-event conditions.
Forensic Restoration includes but is not limited to the remediation of the below situations:
- Known and unknown infectious diseases/biohazardous materials
- Crime and trauma scenes
- Unattended deaths
- Unsanitary dwellings and conditions
- Human and animal biological materials
- Mass Casualty Incidents.
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in Forensic Restoration activities.
Why should you attend?
Individuals who obtain a GBAC Bio-Response certificate and those who go on to become Certified Forensic Operators and Certified Bio-forensic Restoration Specialists demonstrate knowledge and competence in the identification, evaluation, reduction, and elimination of biological threats leading to recovery.
Set yourself apart from the competition!
GBAC credentialed professionals bring increased value to their employers and customers by demonstrating competence to carry out their responsibilities and by achieving high standards of excellence, professionalism and continuous learning. By earning GBAC credentials professionals will reap the benefits of safer workplaces, career development and national recognition among colleagues.
Being a credentialed Forensic Restoration Professional brings:
- Enhanced recognition and endorsement of Forensic Restoration® professionals as skilled professionals
- Increases incentive for Forensic Restoration professional competency requirements to be included in standards and guidelines
- Greater demand for services with demonstrated competence i.e. Great confidence from customers, insurance companies, governmental agencies bringing value to not only the employer but our communities as well.
Cost: US$1750 ISSA Member $2500 Non-Member
Join ISSA to get the ISSA Member price for the class. Cost for an ISSA individual membership is $220!
Closest hotel: Holiday Inn Express and Suites
1007 N. Hwy 67, Cedar Hill, TX 75104
Course information questions:
Jeff Jones, 405-820-3638, email@example.com
Patty Olinger, 678-430-1044, firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration and membership questions:
Pamely Pulido, email@example.com
Tel.: 800-225-4772 (North America) or 847-982-0800
|DATE:||February 4 - 7, 2020|
|LOCATION:||1471 American WayStanley Restoration Training FacilityCedar Hill, TX, United States|
|CONTACT:||Patty Olinger 800-225-4472 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Add to my calendar:||
Click to Choose02/4/2020 08:00 AM02/7/2020America/Chicago ISSA-GBAC Forensic Restoration Operator Training
GBAC Forensic Restoration Operator® training is 3.5 days of intense training unlike any other in the industry. Lead by Jeff Jones, Certified … full detailStanley Restoration Training Facility
Stanley Restoration Training Facility
1471 American Way, Cedar Hill, TX, USA