55 Hudson Yards Soars to New Heights with GBAC STAR™ Facility AccreditationFebruary 25, 2021
The Global Biorisk Advisory Council™ (GBAC), a Division of ISSA, today announced that 55 Hudson Yards in New York is the latest commercial office building to earn GBAC STAR™ Facility Accreditation. The 12,000-seat Maverik Center in West Valley City, Utah and additional hotels have also achieved the gold standard for facility preparedness this week.
“GBAC STAR accredited facilities make proper cleaning, disinfection, and infection prevention an ongoing priority,” said GBAC Executive Director Patricia Olinger. “We are thrilled for the team at 55 Hudson Yards and this week’s other newly accredited facilities. Through the GBAC STAR accreditation, they show their commitment to their employees, customers, and communities, building trust and confidence that they are safe and committed to a higher level of cleaning.”
Featuring 1.3 million square feet of office space, 55 Hudson Yards is a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Gold building that incorporates energy-efficient features and floor-to-ceiling windows to bring in the surrounding city light, as well as sweeping views of the recently developed Hudson Yards neighborhood and its plazas and gardens. The 51-story office tower was accredited by GBAC STAR for implementing proper procedures, training, chemicals, equipment, tools, personal protective equipment, and infection control best practices.
The following facilities have earned GBAC STAR Facility Accreditation this week:
- Maverik Center in West Valley City, Utah
- 55 Hudson Yards in New York
- Andaz Ottawa Byward Market in Ottawa, Ontario
- Hyatt House White Plains in White Plains, N.Y.
- Hyatt Place Boca Raton in Boca Raton, Fla.
- Hyatt Place Detroit Novi in Novi, Mich.
- Hyatt Place Pena Station/Denver Airport in Denver
- Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport/Quarry Market in San Antonio
- Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport in Pittsburgh
- Hyatt Union Square in New York
- Lord Baltimore Hotel in Baltimore, Md.
- Park Hyatt Hyderabad in Hyderabad, India
“GBAC STAR accreditation is an impressive achievement because each facility has dedicated the necessary time and resources to creating a strategic plan for outbreak prevention,” said ISSA Executive Director John Barrett. “The performance-based program ensures continuous improvement and prepares organizations to always be ready to address infectious disease risks.”
Learn more and apply for GBAC STAR Facility Accreditation at gbac.org/star.
Find accredited facilities and those pursuing accreditation via the GBAC STAR Facility Directory at gbac.org/directory.