APIC Announces the 2019 Heroes of Infection PreventionJune 17, 2019
The Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) has announced seven recipients of the Heroes of Infection Prevention Award.
The award—established in 2006—honors those who have successfully helped to reduce infection, raise awareness, and improve the health and well-being of patients, healthcare workers, and the public.
The 2019 recipients, honored during APIC’s 46th annual conference held June 12-14 in Philadelphia, include:
- Nkwan Jacob Gobte, Baptist Training School for Health Personnel, Kumbo, Cameroon
- JoAnn Adkins and Terri Lee Roberts. Pennsylvania Patient Safety Authority, Harrisburg, Penn.
- Jayme Townson, University Hospital Cleveland Medical Center, Cleveland
- Teresa Daniels, Clark Regional Medical Center and Bourbon Community Hospital, Winchester, Ky.
- Infection Prevention UF Health Jacksonville, Jacksonville, Fla.
- Kelly Romano, Einstein Medical Center Montgomery, East Norriton, Penn.