California Needs Your Feedback on Cleaning Chemical RegulationsJuly 30, 2019
Accessible by: anyone
Nearly six years after the California Safer Consumer Products Program got its start, the second three-year Priority Product selection period (2018-2020) is underway, with its next group of Priority Products soon to be determined. 1,4-Dioxane, a chemical used in personal care and cleaning products is being examined by the California Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) throughout this period.
DTSC is asking for information from ISSA members about the following:
- What are the impediments to lowering 1,4-Dioxane concentrations in personal care and cleaning products?
- What options exist to reduce 1,4-Dioxane concentrations in these products?
- What considerations do companies take into account when evaluating the removal of e 1,4-Dioxane from their product? What extent of removal is feasible?
There are three ways you can provide information to help inform DTSC’s regulations regarding 1,4-Dioxane:
- Register and attend the August 21 public meeting in Sacramento, Calif. at the CalEPA Headquarters building
- Submit comments to the DTSC before August 30 at 11:59 P.M. PST
- Share your thoughts with ISSA by contacting ISSA Director of Government Affairs John Nothdurft.
It is critical to voice your experiences, thoughts, and concerns so the DTSC is informed about how this regulation would affect you, your business, and the cleaning industry when making its final decision about how and at what level to regulate 1,4-Dioxane in products.
For more information, questions, or concerns about 1,4-Dioxane legislation, please contact John Nothdurft at email@example.com.