Celebrate National Cleaning WeekMarch 3, 2020
ISSA is celebrating National Cleaning Week, March 22-28, 2020. The association is offering a myriad of opportunities to get involved in this national recognition of the cleaning industry, its workers, and the value of clean as part of the week-long celebration.
National Cleaning Week celebrates the value of clean and the important, positive impact cleaning has on public health, the environment, and our economy. ISSA has conducted research on how regular and proper cleaning in offices, retail spaces, restaurants, schools, hospitals, and at home can result in significant public health and economic benefits. For example, a clean work environment results in a 2-8% gain in worker productivity and customers strongly prefer to patronize restaurants and stores that are clean. Additionally, there are more than 800,000 businesses nationwide in the cleaning service industry employing 3.5 million workers to keep the places where we work, shop, dine, and live clean.
“As the leading trade association for the cleaning industry worldwide, it’s important we take an active role in promoting the value of clean, advocating on behalf of the industry at the federal and state levels, providing education and training, thanking cleaning service workers, and raising the profile of the cleaning industry,” said John Barrett, ISSA Executive Director. “Together we can change the way the world views cleaning in part by telling our stories and educating the public about the value of clean during National Cleaning Week.”
ISSA has created a number of opportunities to participate in National Cleaning Week, including:
- Share with ISSA and on social media your stories about the value of clean and how you’re celebrating #NationalCleaningWeek.
- Share National Cleaning Week graphics on websites and social media (Download graphics here).
- Tell customers, employees, and friends about National Cleaning Week and the value of clean.
- Attend ISSA’s first-ever Clean Advocacy Summit, March 25-26, in Washington, D.C. Attendees will learn about public policy issues facing the industry, meet with congressional offices, and network with other industry advocates.
- Become an ISSA Advocate for Clean and receive ISSA advocacy updates. You’ll be among the first to hear about pressing legislation, compliance deadlines, advocacy events, and training. You’ll also receive tips on how to easily contact elected officials regarding critical federal and state issues and legislations affecting the industry.
- Enhance your career and business through specialized ISSA training. During National Cleaning Week, use promo code CMI50 for US$50 off U.S.-based Cleaning Management Institute (CMI) events.
- Support ISSA Charities. Tax-deductible donations go a long way in allowing ISSA Charities to clean the homes of cancer patients, advance women in the cleaning industry, and support the future of clean through scholarships and company internships.