Dallas Love Field, Oracle Park, Myrtle Beach Convention Center, and Other Facilities Earn GBAC STAR™ AccreditationNovember 6, 2020
The Global Biorisk Advisory CouncilTM (GBAC), a Division of ISSA, has announced that 26 new facilities have successfully completed accreditation through the GBAC STAR™ Facility Accreditation Program. The latest round includes Dallas Love Field in Dallas; Myrtle Beach Convention Center in Myrtle Beach, S.C.; Oracle Park in San Francisco, home of the MLB’s San Francisco Giants; Hyatt properties around the world; and more.
“One of the main goals of cleaning and disinfecting is to remove potentially harmful pathogens, but many organizations still struggle with how to do so effectively and efficiently,” said GBAC Executive Director Patricia Olinger. “Our team of experts offers insights gathered from our years of industry experience as we guide facilities through the GBAC STAR accreditation process.”
The GBAC STAR accreditation program takes a complete approach to cleaning, disinfection, and infection prevention to ensure there is commitment at all levels of the business. Facilities must adhere to 20 program elements, including sustainability and continuous improvement, standard operating procedures, cleaning and disinfection chemicals, worker health programs, and audits and inspections.
The following facilities have achieved GBAC STAR accreditation:
- Dallas Love Field Airport in Dallas
- MESIL S.A DE C.V. in Victoria, Mexico
- Myrtle Beach Convention Center in Myrtle Beach, S.C.
- Andaz Amsterdam, Prinsengracht in Amsterdam
- Grand Hyatt Dubai in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Grand Hyatt San Francisco in San Francisco
- Homewood Suites Palm Beach Gardens in Palm Beach Gardens, Fla.
- Hyatt Centric The Pike Long Beach in Long Beach, Calif.
- Hyatt House Falls Church/Merrifield in Fairfax, Va.
- Hyatt Place Flint/Grand Blanc in Flint, Mich.
- Hyatt Regency Atlanta Perimeter at Villa Christina in Atlanta
- Hyatt Regency Calgary in Calgary, Alberta
- Hyatt Regency Green Bay in Green Bay, Wisc.
- Hyatt Regency Guam in Tamuning, Guam
- Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach in Huntington Beach, Calif.
- Hyatt Regency Lake Washington at Seattle’s Southport in Renton, Wash.
- Hyatt Regency San Francisco in San Francisco
- Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest in Marietta, Ga.
- Hyatt Regency Suzhou in Suzhou, China
- Hyatt Regency Tianjin East in Tianjin, China
- Hyatt Regency Villahermosa in Villahermosa, Mexico
- Park Hyatt Washington D.C. in Washington, D.C.
- Henry Morrison Flagler Museum in Palm Beach, Fla.
Performing Arts Center
- Portland’5 Center for the Arts in Portland, Ore.
- Oracle Park in San Francisco.
“The GBAC STAR program continues to gain momentum globally as more facilities seek reassurance that their approach to cleaning, disinfection, and infection prevention is sound,” said ISSA Executive Director John Barrett. “Accredited facilities can proudly display their seal of accreditation to guests to highlight that they’ve achieved third-party validation for cleaning.”