Don’t Miss This Week’s GBAC Coronavirus WebinarsMarch 10, 2020
The Global Biorisk Advisory Council®(GBAC), a division of ISSA, will host a special two-part webinar series this week focused on coronavirus.
On Wednesday, March 11 at 12:00 EDT, “How to Clean and Disinfect for the Novel Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2” will discuss how to properly clean and disinfect facilities and spaces to respond to the coronavirus outbreak. The second webinar, on Friday, March 13 at 12:00 EDT, will be devoted to answering questions from attendees.
“Understanding how to disinfect for the coronavirus, as well as other biohazards, is key to helping prevent the spread of infection,” said Patricia Olinger, GBAC executive director. “We encourage any and all professionals who oversee sanitation and disinfection within spaces that could be contaminated with infectious biohazard materials to attend both parts of this online session.”
The first session will cover the following topics:
- The current state of the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2
- Proper cleaning and disinfection for health
- GBAC protocol for response and remediation
- Proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE), tools, and equipment
- Cleaners and disinfectants based on the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) Emerging Viral Pathogens Guidance in the United States
- Information for international professionals within their specific countries.
After the first session on Wednesday, GBAC leadership will gather all attendee questions and provide answers during the second session on Friday. For ISSA members and non-members, the cost is US$150. Only ISSA members will receive access to the webinar recordings after the live events.
To register for the webinar series, visit www.issa.com/events/how-to-clean-and-disinfect-for-the-novel-coronavirus-sars-cov-2.