First Convention Center in France, Home to Cannes Film Festival, Earns GBAC STAR™ AccreditationFebruary 22, 2021
The Global Biorisk Advisory Council™ (GBAC), a Division of ISSA, today announced that The Palais des Festivals et des Congrès in Cannes, France, the host of the annual Cannes Film Festival, is the latest facility to receive GBAC STAR™ Facility Accreditation. The Budweiser Events Center in Loveland, Colo. also joins the growing list of GBAC STAR accredited facilities, as well as multiple airports, commercial offices, government buildings, hotels, and more.
“With the GBAC STAR program, we’re not only accrediting facilities that have committed to higher standards of cleanliness and infection prevention protocols, we are making it easier for the public to attend events, travel, and enter facilities with trust and confidence,” said GBAC Executive Director Patricia Olinger. “With the GBAC STARTM Facility Directory, the public can ensure their next visit will be clean and safe.”
Inaugurated in 1982 to provide a large venue to the Cannes Film Festival, The Palais des Festivals et des Congrès welcomes year-round international and national exhibitions, trade fairs and cultural events. While it is the first convention center in France to earn accreditation and display the GBAC STAR seal, over 60 convention centers around the world have completed the rigorous 20-step program. Led by infection prevention experts, GBAC STAR provides effective cleaning and disinfection techniques and work practices to combat biohazards and infectious diseases.
This week’s list of accredited locations include:
- Albert J. Ellis Airport in Richlands, N.C.
- Phoenix Deer Valley Airport in Phoenix
- Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport in Phoenix
- San Luis Obispo County Regional Airport in San Luis Obispo, Calif.
- Budweiser Events Center in Loveland, Colo., home to the AHL’s Colorado Eagles
- APEX Surface Care in Grapevine, Texas
- H & H Manufacturas Quimicas y Servicios S.A. in Managua, Nicaragua
- Walters Brea, USESI in Brea, Calif.
- The Palais des Festivals et des Congrès in Cannes, France
- Banco Central de Costa Rica-Edificio de Superintendencias in San Jose, Costa Rica
- Banco Central de Costa Reca in San Jose, Costa Rica
- Aloft Frisco in Frisco, Texas
- Andaz Vienna am Belvedere in Vienna, Austria
- Hyatt Centric Milano Centrale in Milano, Mich.
- Hyatt House Tempe/Phoenix/University in Tempe, Ariz.
- Hyatt Place Denver South Park Meadows in Lone Tree, Colo.
- Hyatt Place Denver Tech Center in Greenwood Village, Colo.
- Hyatt Place Tempe/Phoenix/University in Tempe, Ariz.
- Kanuhura-A Sun Resort Maldives in Male, Maldives
- Palais Coburg Residenz in Vienna, Austria
- Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown in Philadelphia
- Spirit Ridge in Osoyoos, British Columbia
- Sport Hotel Hermitage & Spa in Soldeu, Andorra
- The Shops at Highland Village-Poag, LLC in Highland Village, Texas
“Third-party validation of cleaning procedures reassures the public that facilities are approaching cleaning, disinfection, and infection prevention from the right angle,” said ISSA Executive Director John Barrett. “With GBAC STAR, we are paving the way for a cleaner and safer world with each and every accreditation.”
Learn more and apply for GBAC STAR™ facility accreditation at gbac.org/star.
Find accredited facilities and those pursuing accreditation via the GBAC STAR Facility Directory at gbac.org/directory.