Highly Anticipated Destination Resorts World Las Vegas Secures GBAC STAR Facility AccreditationApril 8, 2021
The Global Biorisk Advisory Council™ (GBAC), a Division of ISSA, today announced that Resorts World Las Vegas, a forthcoming resort and casino on the Las Vegas Strip, has achieved GBAC STAR™ Facility Accreditation. Other newly accredited facilities include: Merchandise Mart Properties Inc. in Chicago; El Paso Convention Center in El Paso, Texas; Kentucky Derby Museum in Louisville, Ky.; and NovaCare Complex in Philadelphia, the training facility for the NFL’s Philadelphia Eagles.
“The GBAC STAR Facility Accreditation program is used by facilities around the world to improve their cleaning, disinfecting, and infection prevention readiness,” said GBAC Executive Director Patricia Olinger. “The accreditation seal is displayed everywhere from convention centers and airports to office buildings and schools to restaurants and retail facilities.”
Scheduled to open summer 2021, Resorts World Las Vegas is a US$4.3 billion integrated property that will include three Hilton brands – Hilton Hotels & Resorts, LXR Hotels & Resorts, and Conrad Hotels & Resorts. The property will feature 3,500 rooms across its resort towers and 117,000 square feet of gaming. Resorts World Las Vegas will also house a 24,000-square-foot dining hall with 16 food stalls and a speakeasy, as well as luxury retail, meeting, banquet, and nightlife spaces, a 5,000-seat theatre, spa and fitness facilities, and nine pool areas.
This week’s newly accredited facilities include:
- Green Bay Austin Straubel International Airport in Green Bay, Wisc.
- Lubbock Preston Smith International Airport in Lubbock, Texas
- Merchandise Mart Properties Inc. in Chicago
- El Paso Convention Center in El Paso, Texas
- Central Florida’s Visitor Information Center in Davenport, Fla.
- Destination El Paso Administration Building in El Paso, Texas
- Embassy Suites Louisville Downtown in Louisville, Ky.
- Hilton Anatole in Dallas
- Hotel Unico Madrid in Madrid
- Hyatt House Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville in Warrenville, Ill.
- Hyatt Place Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville in Warrenville, Ill.
- Iroquois Hotel in New York
- Resorts World Las Vegas in Las Vegas
- Sheraton Redding at Sundial Bridge in Redding, Calif.
- The Galt House Hotel in Louisville, Ky.
- The Newbury Boston in Boston
- The Reverie Saigon in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Museums and Cultural Venues
- Grapevine Festival Grounds in Grapevine, Texas
- Kentucky Derby Museum in Louisville, Ky.
Stadiums and Arenas
- Mosaic Place in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
- NovaCare Complex in Philadelphia
Theatres and Performing Arts Centers
- Abraham Chavez Theatre in El Paso, Texas
- McKelligon Canyon Amphitheatre
- Palace Arts Centre in Grapevine, Texas
- Plaza Theater in El Paso, Texas
“Investing in cleaning, disinfecting, and infection prevention helps organizations reduce the risk of costly closures and outbreaks,” said ISSA Executive Director John Barrett. “By successfully completing the GBAC STAR Facility Accreditation Program, facilities can ensure their cleaning staff understand how to properly address pathogens and uphold cleanliness.”
Learn more and apply for GBAC STAR Facility Accreditation at gbac.org/star.
Find accredited facilities and those pursuing accreditation via the GBAC STAR Facility Directory at gbac.org/directory.