IICRC Approved as a Full Member of IEQ-GADecember 21, 2020
The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification (IICRC) has been approved as a full member of the Indoor Environmental Quality – Global Alliance (IEQ-GA).
IEQ-GA is an international working group aimed to advance the implementation of practices that lead to healthy indoor environments.
As a full member of this organization, the IICRC will have voting rights and work with other members to create a shared understanding of issues, identify research gaps, and shape policy agendas and advocacy positions.
This partnership with IEQ-GA builds on the work the IICRC has led in the field of indoor environmental health, including, but not limited to:
- The COVID-19 Pandemic Report, which provides details and guidelines on the importance of using the correct filtration devices, reducing the level of airborne particulates, and applying disinfectants correctly.
- Upcoming industry standards, including:
- BSR/IICRC S400 Standard for Professional Cleaning, Maintenance and Restoration of the Commercial Built Environment
- BSR/IICRC S410 Standard for Infection Control During Professional Cleaning and Maintenance of the Commercial Built Environment
- BSR/IICRC S530 Standard for Indoor Environmental Assessment for Suspected Mold Contaminated Structures
- BSR/IICRC S590 Standard for HVAC Cleaning and Decontamination in a Water Damaged Environment
IICRC is an ANSI-accredited standards-setting body for the flooring inspection, floor covering, and specialized fabric cleaning and disaster restoration industries. Organized in 1972, IICRC currently represents more than 5,700 certified firms and 54,000 certified technicians in 22 countries. For more information, visit www.iicrc.org.