ISSA Announces 2022 Clean Advocacy SummitOctober 28, 2021
For the second year in a row, ISSA will host its signature advocacy event for industry leaders, the Clean Advocacy Summit, March 30-31, 2022. This annual fly-in event will be part of National Cleaning Week.
On March 30, summit participants will receive exclusive briefings about the pressing legislative and regulatory issues facing the cleaning industry. Attendees will hear from industry advocates, policy experts, industry leaders, and members of U.S. Congress. On March 31, participants will apply their new knowledge and skills by going to Capitol Hill and meeting with their congressional delegation to advocate for the value of clean and advance the industry’s top public policy priorities.
“Now more than ever, with increasing government oversight of the cleaning industry, we need our members and industry leaders to participate in the summit to advocate, influence, and make an impact in Washington, DC,” said ISSA Executive Director John Barrett.
“2022 is a critical crossroads for the future of the cleaning industry and the decisions by Congress, the Environmental Protection Agency, Department of Labor, and others can have a huge impact on the way our industry does business,” said ISSA Director of Government Affairs John Nothdurft. “As the saying goes—if you aren’t at the table, you are probably on the menu.”
- Hear policy briefings on the top public policy issues facing your business and the cleaning industry, such as supply chain challenges, labor shortages, and federal workplace standards, as well as trade and tariffs
- Receive a legislative and regulatory overview of cleaning and hygiene-related products
- Hear from special guest speakers and Washington insiders
- Learn how to be an effective Advocate for Clean
- Meet with your congressional offices to talk about your business, the importance of cleaning, and challenges facing the industry
- Network with industry leaders
- Be a leader and spokesperson for your industry.
“We intend to host this important event for the cleaning industry live and in-person at the convenient location of the Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C.,” said Nothdurft. “In 2021, more than 100 industry advocates met with more than 50 congressional offices virtually. ISSA hopes to build on this successful event in 2022.”
The event will take place in conjunction with the Independent Office Products and Furniture Dealers Association Workplace Solutions Summit.