Italian Exhibition Group Enhances Event Safety With GBAC STAR Facility AccreditationApril 19, 2021
The Global Biorisk Advisory Council™, (GBAC), a Division of ISSA, is saying “bravo” to the latest facilities to earn GBAC STAR™ Facility Accreditation. The facilities, owned and managed by Italian Exhibition Group (IEG), include Rimini Expo Centre and Palacongressi di Rimini, Rimini, Italy, and Vicenza Expo Centre, Vicenza, Italy. Other newly accredited facilities include Pittsburgh International Airport Landside Terminal in Pittsburgh; Red Bull Arena in Harrison, N.J., home to the MLS’s New York Red Bulls and the NWSL’s NJ/NY Gotham FC; hotels around the world, and more.
“Convention and expo centers are accustomed to welcoming thousands of people at a single event. However, hosting any sized event needs to be done in a safe way given the impact the pandemic has had on the world,” said GBAC Executive Director Patricia Olinger. “With GBAC STAR accreditation, facility managers and cleaning service providers know how to properly clean, disinfect, and prevent infections in spaces of all types and sizes.”
Italian Exhibition Group (IEG), is listed on the MTA (screen-based stock exchange) and is organized and managed by Borsa Italiana S.p.A. Rimini Expo Centre, one of the largest trade show and exhibition locations in Italy, is the venue of many international trade fairs such as Ecomondo, Riminiwellness, Sigep, and TTG, leading respectively in green and technology; wellness, sport, and leisure; food and beverage; and tourism and hospitality industries. Vicenza Expo Centre, among the others, is home of VicenzaOro, the largest show in Europe for the gold and jewelry industry, an authentic business hub for the industry, and a showcase for the sector’s latest trends. Now following GBAC STAR protocols, the facilities go beyond cleaning and disinfection to also include infection prevention best practices.
This week’s newly accredited facilities include:
- Pittsburgh International Airport Landside Terminal in Pittsburgh
- Anago Cleaning Systems in Pompano Beach, Fla.
- Edmonds Waterfront Center in Edmonds, Wash.
Expo and Convention Centers
- Hot Springs Convention Center in Hot Springs National Park, Ark.
- Italian Exhibition Group – Palacongressi di Rimini in Rimini, Italy
- Italian Exhibition Group – Rimini Expo Centre in Rimini, Italy
- Italian Exhibition Group – VicenzaExpo Centre in Vicenza, Italy
- Kyoto International Conference Center in Kyoto, Japan
- Pacifico Yokohama in Yokohama, Japan
- Columbia Beach Resort in Pissouri, Cyprus
- Diamonds Dream of Africa in Malindi, Kenya
- Grand Hotel Majestic, Lago Maggiore, Verbania in Verbania, Italy
- Hemingway’s Nairobi in Nairobi Karen, North Korea
- Hotel Orania Berlin in Berlin, Germany
- Imperial Hotel, Osaka in Osaka, Japan
- Katikies Mykonos in Mykonos, Greece
- Sublime Samana Hotel & Residence in Las Terrenas, Dominican Republic
- Tokyo Midtown Hall & Conference in Tokyo
- Roosevelt Collection Shops in Chicago
- Ford Center at the Star in Frisco, Texas, the practice facility for the NFL’s Dallas Cowboys
- Red Bull Arena in Harrison, N.J., home to the MLS’s New York Red Bulls and the NWSL’s NJ/NY Gotham FC
- Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts in Miami
- Byham Theater in Pittsburgh
“Facilities that commit to GBAC STAR accreditation give their employees, guests, and stakeholders peace of mind that they prioritize cleanliness as well as public health and safety,” said ISSA Executive Director John Barrett. “We congratulate the latest accredited facilities and their teams for being dedicated to this process and taking steps to improve their readiness against infectious biorisks.”
Learn more and apply for GBAC STAR Facility Accreditation at gbac.org/star.
Find accredited facilities and those pursuing accreditation via the GBAC STAR Facility Directory at gbac.org/directory.