Survey Finds Students Value Clean CarpetsJuly 8, 2020
A new survey conducted by The Harris Poll on behalf of Whittaker Co. found that among more than 2,000 U.S. adults surveyed, 82% would take action after seeing dirty carpet at a college or university’s campus. Among this group, 48% would question the college or university’s commitment to student and staff health and safety.
Some of the actions survey respondents would take upon noticing dirty carpet include:
- Complain to management (47%)
- Assume the campus is not cleaned properly (42%)
- Tell friends, family, or other students about the lack of cleanliness (35%)
- Consider an alternate college or university to attend (21%)
- Consider donating to an alternative college or university (14%).
Modern equipment can help facility managers and cleaning staff stay on top of carpet care in schools. Learn about the latest trends in carpet care equipment and tools from CMM.
Founded in 1961, Whittaker Co. is a New Castle, Pennsylvania-based manufacturer of low-moisture carpet cleaning equipment and solutions. For more information, visit www.whittakersystem.com.