Toward the end of the final day of ISSA Show North America 2018 in Dallas, TX, the action on the show floor focused on the ISSA Innovation Marketplace, Booth 3405, as participants prepared to learn the identity of the winner of the 2018 ISSA Innovation of the Year Award.
The ISSA Innovation Award Program is a platform to gather and recognize the cleaning industry’s most innovative products and services from top manufacturers and suppliers. And the 2018 ISSA Innovation of the Year Award winner is:
EvoClean by Hydro Systems Co. EvoClean is a venturi-based, water-powered laundry chemical dispenser for on-premise laundry applications.
Additionally, due to extremely close grading by the judges this year, Honorable Mention Awards were presented to the following four entries:
- KIRA B50 Intelligent Cleaning Robot by Kärcher North America
- KOLO Smart Monitoring System by GP PRO
- Scotch-Brite™ Clean & Shine Pad by 3M Commercial Solutions Division
- Tork PeakServe Continuous™ Towel Refill and System by Essity Professional Hygiene North America LLC.
“Cheers to Hydro Systems for taking the top spot amidst so many great entries,” exclaimed ISSA Executive Director John Barrett. “All of us at ISSA are proud to recognize Hydro Systems, as well as this year’s Honorable Mention and Category Award winners [see below], and all of the fantastic achievements made by the companies that entered this year’s program that are doing so much for the advancement of our industry.”
The winner of the prestigious 2018 ISSA Innovation of the Year Award was selected by combining the results of the online voting with the evaluations of our esteemed panel of judges, all respected leaders in the commercial cleaning industry:
- Holly Borrego, senior director of Cleaning Services, C&W Services
- Vicki Brown, president, Harmony Clean, Inc.
- Judie Cooper, associate director- organizational development for the Office of Facilities Management and Reliability, The Smithsonian Institution
- Eileen McMorrow, editor-in-chief and founder, The McMorrow Reports Facility Management & Design Insights
- Linda Silverman, president and co-owner, Maintex, Inc.
The 2018 Category Awards
The lucky winners of the ISSA Innovation Category Awards were announced this past Tuesday, during the Team ISSA Welcome Reception. One winner was selected from each category by way of online votes cast by cleaning-industry professionals. The 2018 winners are:
- Cleaning Agents: Enviro-Solutions® Terrazzo and Concrete Floor Care Program by Charlotte Products Ltd.
- Dispensers: The Complete Menstrual Care System for Your Facility by HOSPECO
- Equipment: KIRA B50 Intelligent Cleaning Robot by Kärcher North America
- Services and Technology: KOLO Smart Monitoring System by GP PRO
- Supplies and Accessories: Unger Excella™ by Unger Enterprises.
To read the full press release, click here.