Four individuals and two businesses instrumental in promoting women in the cleaning industry were honored by the ISSA Hygieia Network at the ISSA/INTERCLEAN® 2017 North America Trade Show and Convention last week. Founded in 2015, the ISSA Hygieia Network is a women’s forum dedicated to the advancement and retention of female professionals within the global cleaning community.
- The Hygieia Member of the Year Award, which recognizes a member who has made an outstanding contribution to the cleaning industry, was awarded to Michelle Mercer, senior director business development supply chain for Aramark, for her work in promoting women in the workforce and within outside organizations.
- The Rising Star of the Year Award, open to women aged 35 and under who have demonstrated their commitment to further the ideals and objectives of the ISSA Hygieia Network, was awarded to Michelle Munvez, vice president of Chemcraft Industries, Inc.
- The Man of the Year Award, open to a senior-level man who is dedicated to promoting the advancement of women in the cleaning industry, was presented to Mark Oldaker, vice president of operations & finance – commercial cleaning, Midwest Maintenance Group.
- The Employer of the Year Award was awarded to Earth Friendly Products for promoting women in the organization and building a community of mentorship and support that has led to a dramatic increase of women in leadership positions in the company.
- The Eidyia Award, which recognizes companies or individuals leading efforts to reduce illiteracy rates within the cleaning industry’s workforce, was presented to Professional Janitorial Services.
- A Special Honors Award was presented to Hao Dang Tanascos, president of HAOskeeping, Inc., for her dedication to diversity and inclusion within the industry.