Like a brick-and-mortar university, ISSA Green Cleaning University (GCU) offers professor-led classes; however, they are on an interactive compact disc to accommodate students’ busy schedules. Class length is between 18 and 40 minutes. Many classes offer additional reading materials or forms and templates to help amplify or implement the material discussed in class.
The current offering of courses begins with a basic introduction to the concepts of green and green cleaning and covers topics ranging from building the green cleaning bundle to the sales process, overcoming objections, and setting up a pilot project. We also introduce organizations such as the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), Green Seal®, Hospitals for a Healthy Environment, the Healthy Schools Campaign, and more.
The ISSA Green Cleaning Professional designation requires students complete five core courses, listed below.
The current list of classes is:
- GC 101 Defining Green and Green Cleaning (CORE Course)
- SGC 101 How to Prospect for Green Accounts (CORE Course)
- SGC 102 Building the Green Bundle (CORE Course)
- SGC 104 Selling Green Cleaning and the Pilot Process
- SGC 105 Overcoming Common Objections
- GCO 101 Conducting the Green Building Audit (CORE Course)
- GCO 102 Writing the Green Building Audit Report (CORE Course)
- GSO 101 Introduction to the USGBC and LEED Rating System
- HSC 101 Green Cleaning in Schools Part 1
- HSC 102 Green Cleaning in Schools Part 2