Say YES to Mentorship
ISSA’s Young Executive Society (YES) brings together professionals under the age of 45, and YES alumni within ISSA member companies, to create a community that fosters career growth. Career growth is a cornerstone of the YES mission and this mentorship program is a step to further that ethos.
What's in it for you?
"Mentoring is to support and encourage people to manage their own learning in order that they may maximise their potential, develop their skills, improve their performance and become the person they want to be." Eric Parsloe, The Oxford School of Coaching & Mentoring
Benefits for YES members:
- Helps them think through their career plan and what they need to grow personally and professionally into a higher-level role
- One-on-one time with an experienced professional who has expertise in the specific areas that the young professional finds challenging
- Exposure to the mentor's network of industry connections
- Could foster a relationship that continues throughout their careers, beyond the YES mentoring program
Benefits for YES Alumni and other mentors:
- A chance to give back to the program and the industry
- Personal satisfaction of helping young talent flourish and grow
- Hones the mentor's teaching, active-listening, and communication skills
- A chance to even get new ideas from the young professional