Workforce Development & Re-Entry Program
Accessible by: anyone
Workforce Development Program Solutions:
CMI’s Custodial Certification Program for Workforce Development & Re-Entry
Cleaning Management Institute (CMI) was created over 50 years ago as a vocational program for inmates in the Oregon State Correctional Facilities. Over the past five decades, CMI has developed into a full certification program for cleaning professionals, while maintaining a distinct focus on the correctional industry.
CMI’s customizable design is ideal for Correctional Facilities, Homeless Agencies, Workforce Development Agencies, Veteran’s Programs, Vocational Technical Institutes, and many more. The curriculum is able to be broken up over the course of a few weeks or months. Each individual section of the curriculum will cover the equipment, materials, and supplies that can be utilized for the most efficient methods of cleaning.
To help facilitate a convenient process, CMI will handle the grading of all certification exams and produce the individual certification.
CMI will support the success of your program through the duration of your dedication to the curriculum.
Whether you currently have a program in place or are looking to begin utilizing a training platform, CMI can help you through the process of certifying your inmate population. All of the content that is delivered by CMI is written at a 4th- to 5th-grade reading level, which allows a more diverse group to understand the program.
Tips for Training:
- Define the expectations for the program from the beginning.
- Provide constant praise and recognition for good performance.
- Explain the Value of Clean on the first day.
- Keep lecture based training to a minimum, while providing as much hands on experience as possible.
- “Lean” on individuals who show leadership qualities to provide knowledge to their peers.
CMI’s Custodial Certification Program is your best source for…
- In-depth knowledge on chemical properties, dilutions and proper applications
- Current Standards and Best Practices for Chemical Safety
- Current Standards and Best Practices for Hard Floor Care, including chemicals, equipment and procedures
- Current Standards and Best Practices for Carpet Care, including chemicals, equipment and procedures
- Current Standards and Best Practices for Restroom Care & Shower Room Care, including chemicals, equipment and procedures
- Current Standards and Best Practices for Disinfection, including Bloodborne Pathogens and OSHA Clean-Up Protocols
- Current Standards and Best Practices for Above-the-Floor Cleaning, including glass, stainless, wood, plastic, etc
Curriculum to be Covered Includes:
- Chemistry of Cleaning
- Basic & Advanced Above Floor Care
- Basic & Advanced Hard Floor Care
- Basic & Advanced Carpet Care
- Restroom Care
Each level has an optional trainer manual with PowerPoint presentations, as well as optional DVD sets that can accompany the hard floor care and restroom care sections of the curriculum. CMI will also help you with the creation of a perfect program for your facility.
Read what our customers are saying!
Here are a few of CMI’s Customers
|FCI Otisville||FCI Warm Springs||Schenectady County Sheriffs Department|
|State of Colorado – Department of Corrections||
|N.C. Dept of Public Safety – Odom Correctional|
|Oregon State Correctional Facilities||FCI Miami||NYSOCFS|
For more information about your available solutions, contact:
Mark Warner – Education Manager
800-225-4772 ext 1371
TJ Grim – Training Specialist
800-225-4772 ext 1107
Kristal Coloney – Training Specialist
800-225-4772 ext 1360
Brant Insero – Director of Education, Training, Certification & Standards
800-225-4772 ext 1342