Standards & Certifications
ISSA Sets the Standards for Proper Cleaning and Industry Certification
What does it mean to be truly clean? ISSA, the leading trade association for the cleaning industry, has established standards for cleaning quality and efficiency.
These standards are used by top cleaning companies and cleaning management around the world. Facilities that conform to these standards are some of the cleanest buildings around, and service companies that achieve these standards are recognized for having higher quality, stronger service reputation, and a proactive cleaning response.
Cleaning Industry Management Standard (CIMS) Programs
CIMS Certification Experts (CCE) are approved to provide training and consulting services to cleaning organizations that want to become certified to the Cleaning Industry Management Standard. Become a CCE to achieve the Cleaning Industry Management Standard in your own facility or for the businesses that you serve.
- Learn more about the CIMS standard
- Download the standard
- Become a CIMS Certification Expert (CCE)
- Find a CCE professional
GBAC® STAR Programs
GBAC® STAR is for individuals who are serious about using proper cleaning and disinfection protocols to prevent and mitigate infections and biohazards in a facility. GBAC® STAR’s three stars represent the ability to prepare, respond, and recover.
- GBAC® STAR Facility Accreditation
- GBAC® STAR Destination
- GBAC® STAR Registered Technology and Programs
- GBAC-Trained Technician
- Find a GBAC-Trained Technician
Industry Certification Programs
Earning a certification is the best way to prove that you know what you’re doing in your profession. The following programs are offered through ISSA’s Cleaning Management Institute:
- Accredited Auditing Professional (AAP)
- Certified Professional Trainer (CPT)
- Certified Custodial Supervisor (CCS)
- Certified Custodial Technician (CCT)
- Certified Sales Executive (CSE)
- Certified Workloading Specialist (CWS)
- Find a Certified Professional
Education, Training, and Career Development Programs
Learn more about affordable training programs and flexible learning options to fast-track your career as a cleaning management expert.
Healthcare and Hospitality Programs through IEHA Certification Specialties
Education is the top priority at the International Executive Housekeepers Association, a Division of ISSA, (IEHA). Special designations offered by IEHA provide recognition by your employer and peers when you reach education milestones.
- Certified Environmental Services Specialist
- Certified Environmental Services Executive
- Certified Hospitality Management Professional
- Certified Laundry Linen Professional
- Registered Environmental Services Executive
- Master Environmental Services Registered Executive
- Master Environmental Service Certified Executive
- Professional Education Credentialing Program
- Environmental Sustainability Professional Program
- Certified Perioperative Cleaning Specialist Program