Did You Know that Trained Workers...
- Have fewer job related injuries
- Are more productive
- Cause less asset damage
- Experience fewer occupant complaints
- Reduce and contain insurance premiums
- Help lower the turn over rate.
Value of Training:
- Reduces absenteeism (i.e. Headaches, Colds/Flu, Asthma, Stress, Repetitive motion injuries, Workplace, & Individual factors)
- Enhances the image of your facility
- Lowers the presenteeism rate through consistent and proper training. Negative effects of presenteeism include: spending additional time on tasks, decreased quality of work, lack of initiative, lowered ability to perform at their peak, decreased quantity of work completed, inability to be social with coworkers, and lack of motivation.
- Training must be accepted and valued starting from upper management. It will then be carried down to your front-line worker.
Custodial Technician Training and Certification
The Custodial Technician Training and Certification program was developed by CMI more than 50 years ago and has been helping cleaning operations adopt best practices ever since. The program is designed for front line custodians and teaches basic and advanced skills in all areas of commercial building cleaning.
Basic Custodial Technician - The basic level includes six modules covering Customer Service, The Chemistry of Cleaning, Basic Cleaning of Above-Floor Surfaces, Basic Cleaning of Hard Floor Surfaces, Basic Cleaning of Carpeted Floor Surfaces, and Basic Cleaning of Restrooms and Shower Rooms.
Advanced Custodial Technician - The advanced level contains three modules covering Advanced Cleaning of Hard Floor Surfaces, Advanced Cleaning of Carpeted Floor Surfaces, and Advanced Cleaning of Above-Floor Surfaces.
These courses can be taught onsite or taken as a home study program. LEARN MORE
Are you looking to groom key employees for supervisory positions?
Are you looking to improve your own skills in order to advance your career into custodial supervision?
CMI’s Custodial Supervisor Training and Certification program will help you achieve your goals.
One of the important byproducts in the evolution of the custodial profession is CMI’s Custodial Supervisor Training and Certification course. It is truly a milestone in our profession. The course is divided into three sections, each of which covers a particular area of supervising and managing custodial maintenance work. Each section also has a certification exam; the final exam at the conclusion of the course covers all the information that has been presented.
The course is divided into three sections, each of which covers a particular area of supervising and managing custodial maintenance work. Course topics include How to Develop Leadership Qualities in the Building Services Field and Technical Skills Applicable to the Workplace. LEARN MORE
The supervisor and management professional has never been more important to the success, or failure, of an organization and a healthy indoor environment. With increased regulations and cost-cutting demands of many firms, it has become essential for supervisor and managers to incorporate valuable business skills into their day-to-day activities.
CMI offers many exciting training courses for supervisor and management level employees. LEARN MORE
In addition to the regular Train the Trainer courses that we conduct each year around the country, CMI can also come on-site to your facility or operation and conduct customized training. LEARN MORE
For more information, contact:
TJ Grim - Training Specialist
800-225-4772 ext 1107
Mark Warner - Education Manager
800-225-4772 ext 1371
Brant Insero - Director of Education, Training, Certification & Standards
800-225-4772 ext 1342