Quality cleaning improves student productivity and lowers absenteeism,which ultimately leads to increased funding and improved student performance. Proper cleaning also extends the life of your facility’s surfaces, which means less capital investment and greater sustainability. This is just the beginning of the value your school’s cleaning operations produce, but do you have the tools to explain these important outcomes?
ISSA, the worldwide cleaning industry association, is working with its more than 6,000 members to help you better connect.
the total value cleaning services provide in educational environments. This is one of many areas where ISSA and its members can help you better meet your organization’s many demands.
We work with groups such as the Healthy Schools Campaign, the US Green Building Council and APPA to best understand your needs and to provide the tools necessary to help you protect student and staff health in your school.
Educational Facility Resources:
- ISSA Value Calculator – Your ISSA-member vendor can help you calculate the actual savings your school achieves in areas of staff productivity, reduced absenteeism, asset preservation and, ultimately, help justify your cleaning budget with this exclusive tool.
- ISSA Pandemic Planning Toolkit – Learn how to prevent the spread of infectious diseases and cross-contamination in your school with this regularly updated online resource.
- Cleaning Industry Management Standard – Green Building – CIMS-GB is the only standard to document the elements of a well-run cleaning department, helping you improve cleaning effectiveness. In addition, CIMS-GB provides a roadmap to implementing cleaning services that have a preferred environmental profile. Learn how schools are implementing this standard today.
- K-12 Clean Standard – ISSA and the Cleaning Industry Research Institute are conducting a 3-year study on cleaning in K-12 educational facilities that will ultimately improve the quality of the indoor school environment and contribute to improved student performance.
- Quick and Easy Guide to Green Cleaning - ISSA is a proud sponsor of the Healthy Schools Campaign's useful guide to environmentally preferable cleaning practices in a school environment.
- InfoClean Educational Workloading Software - The new InfoClean 2.0 is an intuitive software program that simplifies workloading and estimates staffing levels. InfoClean allows you to input various cleaning scenarios, and it will generate the answers you need—all backed by accurate data and industry best-practices—in just minutes!
- Transpare Cleaning Product Registry – Trying to differentiate between green cleaning products? ISSA is developing a valuable online tool to help you more easily compare the environmental, safety and health attributes of cleaning products. Sign up to Beta test it at transpare.com.
- 540 Cleaning Times – Industry time standards for performing cleaning tasks are listed in this booklet. All of the most common cleaning tools and equipment are listed, along with an operating time for each.
- Online Video Library – Hundreds of short videos are available on industry trends, management advice and much more.
- Live Training – Attend the valuable education sessions at ISSA/INTERCLEAN® North America to learn how to manage, plan and execute the right cleaning program for your school.
ISSA has spoken at many facility management events, and been published in a variety of publications regarding how cleaning ties to your ultimate facility goals. Read more here.