Terms and Conditions
Accessible by: anyone
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ISSA MEMBERSHIP
These Terms and Conditions govern membership in ISSA, and all of its affiliated organizations, subsidiaries and divisions thereof including but not limited to IEHA, ARCSI, CMI, CMM and ISSA Canada (collectively “ISSA”), and form a legal Agreement when your membership application is accepted by ISSA. You understand that the rights and benefits of membership, and these Terms and Conditions, begin only when you have been notified that your application for membership has been accepted by ISSA, and only for as long as you are an ISSA member in good standing.
- Membership Types, Qualifications, Dues. ISSA membership is open to organizations involved directly and indirectly with the cleaning industry including but not limited to manufacturers, manufacturer representatives, wholesalers, distributors, and cleaning service providers. A description of ISSA member categories, qualifications for membership, benefits, and annual dues are located in the Membership section of the ISSA website at: www.issa.com/member-benefits, and may be updated at any time by ISSA.
- Obligations of ISSA Members. As a condition of your membership in ISSA, you warrant and represent that you have reviewed and agree to abide by the following ISSA policies and governing documents while you are a member of ISSA:
- Payment of Dues. When joining ISSA, a remittance of one (1) full year’s membership dues must accompany your membership application. The second year of membership dues will be reduced on a pro rata basis based on the month you joined ISSA in the first year of membership. Once membership application is accepted by ISSA, membership dues are non-refundable.
- Use of ISSA Logo to Identify Membership in ISSA. During the term of your membership in ISSA, ISSA grants you a nonexclusive, non-assignable, non-transferable and revocable limited license to use the ISSA name and logo to indicate your membership in ISSA consistent with the ISSA Member Logo Policy (https://www.issa.com/member-benefits/promote-your-professionalism).
- Membership Term and Termination. This Agreement is applicable for the term of your membership in ISSA. Your membership term shall begin after you have been notified that your application for membership has been accepted by ISSA. Your membership term shall end upon the termination, expiration or cancellation of your membership in ISSA or any earlier termination of this agreement by ISSA (“Term”). Unless terminated as provided herein, this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect, renewing annually, at the beginning of each fiscal year of ISSA, subject to your timely payment of ISSA annual membership dues.
Note: Membership dues in ISSA are not tax deductible as charitable contributions, however, your membership dues may be tax deductible as an ordinary and necessary business expense.
Consistent with ISSA policy, the ISSA Member Logo may be used to indicate your membership in ISSA on letterhead, stationary, catalogs, websites and other similar collateral literature. The ISSA name and logo may not be used in any way as to represent approval, endorsement or certification of a product or service offered by you.
The ISSA name and logo are the property of ISSA and may only be used by a member of ISSA during that member’s period of membership. Upon any termination, expiration, cancellation or suspension of your membership in ISSA or the Term of this Agreement, you must discontinue all use of the ISSA name and logo. In addition, ISSA has an absolute right to terminate, cancel, suspend or withdraw this license at any time.
ISSA shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate this Agreement if you fail to comply with these Terms and Conditions of ISSA Membership, which constitutes a breach of this Agreement. You shall not be entitled to a refund of ISSA membership dues if your membership and this Agreement are terminated by ISSA for such reasons.
If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, all other provisions shall remain valid, unless such validity would frustrate the purpose of this Agreement, and this Agreement shall be enforced to the full extent allowable under applicable law and a substitute, valid, and enforceable provision most nearly reflecting the original intent shall be developed in place of the invalid provision. No modification to this Agreement is binding, unless in writing.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed under, and the legal relations among the parties hereto shall be determined in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, excluding conflict-of-law principles that would cause the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction.
This Agreement is the entire Agreement between you and ISSA relating to the subject matter herein and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous oral or written communications, proposals, and representations with respect to its subject matter.
ISSA reserves the right to change this Agreement and/or its terms at any time and may eliminate the license granted herein with respect to you individually or all members collectively at any time. Any change to this Agreement and/or its terms shall be effective as of the date of posting to the website of ISSA or actual notice to you, whichever is earlier.