Become an ‘Employer of Choice’ New!By Nan Hallock | March 31, 2020 << Back to Articles
Among the greatest challenges facing small business owners today is attracting and retaining talented and reliable workers.
One factor that can profoundly influence a small company’s competitive position in the employment market is its employee benefits package. A company that offers meaningful employee benefits can emerge as the “employer of choice” for many job candidates.
Heading the list of must-have benefits is typically medical insurance, but many prospective employees highly value retirement plans, disability insurance, and more. When a company gives employees the benefits they care about, they tend to be more satisfied, miss fewer workdays, are less likely to quit, and are more committed to the company’s mission and goals.
For many small business owners, attractive employee benefits can be out of reach financially. Going without solid employee benefits can strangle a business’s odds for long-term success.
ISSA Member Employee Benefits Program
Fortunately for ISSA members, the all-new ISSA Member Employee Benefits Program features a comprehensive portfolio of options designed exclusively to help professional cleaning industry employers pick and choose important employee benefits at special, deeply discounted ISSA rates.
Unveiled at ISSA Show North America 2019 in Las Vegas, the ISSA Member Employee Benefits Program is for ISSA members only and offers flexible, cost-competitive, a la carte solutions from trusted carriers and service providers—all thoroughly vetted, negotiated, and approved by ISSA.
- Group Medical Association plan, providing significant discounts with opportunities for employers to recoup premium payments
- Association wide 401(K) plan builder with deeply discounted fees
- Federal Student Loan Relief Service—student loan abatement program at a 50% discount
- Complimentary financial advice for all members
- Dental at a 15% discount and vision at a 20% discount (Principal Financial)
- Term Group Life at a 20% discount (Principal Financial)
- Short-and long-term disability at a 15% discount (Principal Financial)
- Virtual telemedicine services (free round-the-clock access to a doctor via telephone, Skype, etc.) for a 30% discount.
- Mental health benefits program for a 30% discount.
- Think HR–a free ‘back office’ HR support program for all ISSA members using an insurance program
- Options for travel insurance
- Accident and indemnity insurance
- MetLaw Legal Representation.
“The all-new ISSA Member Employee Benefits Program is built to provide ISSA members with practical, affordable, easy-to-access, turnkey service and value,” says ISSA Vice President of Divisions, Membership & IT Rosie Rangel. “As the world’s leading resource for professional cleaning companies, ISSA’s focus is always on making available to our members the most up-to-date and meaningful information, education, networking, commercial opportunities, and advocacy. This program is one of the most tangible and groundbreaking examples of this commitment.”
ISSA members who subscribe to at least one program in the ISSA Member Employee Benefits Program collection automatically receive access to the new ISSA HR360 Hotline and Library. With a toll-free phone call to the ISSA HR360 Hotline, employers can connect with certified and experienced HR professionals who can provide counsel and assistance with HR questions and dilemmas, ranging from federal compliance and state employment law to leaves of absence, discipline, and terminations.
About the Author.
Nan Hallock served in a senior marketing communications position at the world’s largest association management agency, SmithBucklin, and was one of three founding partners of an advertising/public relations agency in Chicago. Contact Nan at firstname.lastname@example.org.