GBACtv: What We Learned in 2021 & Predicting the End of the Pandemic New!By Jeff Cross | January 6, 2022 << Back to Articles
What has the cleaning industry learned as it transitioned from the first pandemic year to the second? In this episode of BioTalk, a GBACtv production, learn the details about what went well and what didn’t in 2021, and what we as an industry need to know right now. Infection prevention experts Patty Olinger, the executive director of he Global Biorisk Advisory Council™ (GBAC), a Division of ISSA, and Dr. Paul Meechan, the former head of safety with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention a(CDC) nd who now serves on the GBAC scientific advisory board, present information you need as a cleaning industry professional.
This video, brought to you by Breezy, also digs into the science and the layered support when it comes to cleaning, disinfection, and air purification, and how the Omicron variant shouldn’t be considered just another type of “cold”. Olinger and Meechan also discuss the possibility of the end of the pandemic.
Points of interest in this video include:
- Discussion of what the cleaning industry learned as it transitioned from the first pandemic year to the second and now the third
- Details about what went well and what didn’t in 2021
- What we as an industry need to know right now about the state of the pandemic and cleaning protocols
- Why the frequent dismissal of the new omicron variant as “like the common cold” is a dangerous position to take
- Infection-prevention expert information from GBAC representatives.
This episode of GBACtv BioTalk is brought to you by Breezy
About the Author.
Jeff Cross is the ISSA Media Director. He can be reached at [email protected].