Don’t Miss This Month’s Free CMM Hand Hygiene WebinarOctober 5, 2021
Registration is now open for this month’s free one-hour webinar from CMM on October 20— Navigating the Intersection of Hand/Surface/Environmental Hygiene.
Continued vigilance in cleaning and infection control protocols remains important, and that vigilance starts with hand hygiene. However, there is more to consider in implementing hand hygiene best practices than you may realize. Learn how the connection between clean hands, clean surfaces, and a clean environment can save lives.
Join J. Darrel Hicks, MESRE, CHESP, past president of the Healthcare Surfaces Institute and a nationally known infection prevention expert, and Mike Canales, program director for the Healthcare Facilities Leadership degree program at Owensboro Community and Technical College in Kentucky, for this one-hour presentation. Attendees will ask the speakers questions in a live Q&A session at the end of the program.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
Clean hands and clean surfaces
- The elements of good hand hygiene—how, when, why
- A rundown of terminology you should and shouldn’t be using with your facility staff, e.g., “clean” versus “hygienically clean.”
- The similarities between hand hygiene and environmental hygiene
- Six steps to environmental (surface) hygiene
Clean environments (focus on health care settings)
- Keeping the patient room and vicinity clean
- Placement and compliance for alcohol-based hand rubs (ABHR)
- Strategic sink placement and its impact on staff behavior
- S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) ventilation guidelines
The webinar is free; however, registration is required. Reserve your spot here.
This presentation is brought to you by Cascades PRO, SteraMist by TOMI Environmental Solutions, and TBS Capital Funding.