Elite Oxford Conference Center Earns GBAC STAR Facility Accreditation SealMay 13, 2021
Nestled in the heart of Mississippi’s historic town of Oxford, the Oxford Conference Center has achieved the gold standard in facility preparedness: GBAC STAR™ Facility Accreditation from the Global Biorisk Advisory Council™, (GBAC), a Division of ISSA. Other facilities accredited this week include multiple five-star hotels, such as Grand Hotel Central in Barcelona, Spain; L’Andana Resort in Grosseto, Italy; and Grand Hotel Wien in Wien, Austria, as well as additional facilities around the globe.
“GBAC STAR accreditation is an incredible learning opportunity that sets facilities up for success against biorisks like the novel coronavirus,” said GBAC Executive Director Patricia Olinger. “GBAC’s biorisk experts work very closely with facilities as they embark on this journey and offer insight around recommended protocols for cleaning, disinfection, and infection prevention.”
With over 50,000 square feet of meeting space, the Oxford Conference Center accommodates small and large events, including meetings, conferences, exhibitions, and trade shows. Merging the traditions and history of Oxford, Miss. with innovative and modern spaces, the Oxford Conference Center has been voted one of “The Elite 50 Conference Centers in the South.” Earning GBAC STAR Facility Accreditation means that the conference center follows strict cleaning and disinfecting protocols developed by international leaders in the fields of biohazard mitigation.
The Accreditation Council is the accrediting body of the GBAC STAR Facility Accreditation program and determines the status of all GBAC STAR facilities. Accreditation is valid for one year, and organizations can display the accreditation seal to demonstrate to facility visitors and occupants their commitment to cleanliness.
This week’s newly accredited facilities include:
- Idaho Falls Regional Airport in Idaho Falls, Idaho
- Oxford Conference Center in Oxford, Miss.
Food Service Facility
- CityCruises Baltimore in Baltimore
- Andaz Delhi in New Delhi
- Gran Hotel Miramar in Málaga, Spain
- Grand Hotel Central in Barcelona, Spain
- Grand Hotel Wien in Wien, Austria
- Grand Hyatt Seattle in Seattle
- Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton in Edmonton, Alberta
- Hotel Villa Franca in Positano Salerno, Italy
- Hyatt House Bridgewater in Bridgewater, N.J.
- Hyatt House Denver Airport in Denver
- Hyatt House Provo/Pleasant Grove in Pleasant Grove, Utah
- Hyatt House Tallahassee Capitol-University in Tallahassee, Fla.
- Hyatt Place Sarasota Bradenton Airport in Sarasota, Fla.
- Hyatt Regency Chennai in Chennai, India
- Hyatt Regency Lucknow in Lucknow, India
- Koh Russey Villas & Resort in Sihanoukville, Cambodia
- L’Andana Resort in Grosseto, Italy
- Mission Pacific Hotel in Oceanside, Calif.
- The Seabird Resort in Oceanside, Calif.
Museums or Cultural Venues
- Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory in Louisville, Ky.
- OC Fair & Event Center in Costa Mesa, Calif.
Stadium or Arena
- Bell MTS Place in Winnipeg, Manitoba, home of the NHL’s Winnipeg Jets
“Cleanliness goes beyond what you can see,” said ISSA Executive Director John Barrett. “Facilities that successfully complete GBAC STAR accreditation have the right technology, tools, solutions, and knowledge to clean both visible soils and invisible pathogens to uphold public health.”
Learn more and apply for GBAC STAR Facility Accreditation at gbac.org/star.
Find accredited facilities and those pursuing accreditation via the GBAC STAR Facility Directory at gbac.org/directory.
Watch the latest episode of GBACtv to see a panel of experts from the events and venue industry grade the COVID-19 response and discuss challenges that emerged during the pandemic.
View the extensive discussion below and be sure to check out all of the GBACtv video content at gbac.issa.com/media/gbactv/.