GBAC STAR Facility Accreditation Enhances Wellbeing in New York City Commercial OfficesFebruary 17, 2022
Six Sage Realty-managed commercial offices in New York and Fredericton Convention Centre in Fredericton, New Brunswick are some of the latest facilities to achieve GBAC STAR™ Facility Accreditation from the Global Biorisk Advisory Council™ (GBAC), a Division of ISSA. Additional facilities, like the Kentucky Derby Museum in Louisville, Ky. and Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, Fla. have finalized reaccreditation with the performance-based program for yet another year.
“Facilities of all types and sizes around the world find value in GBAC STAR Facility Accreditation because it provides a clear guide to proper cleaning, disinfection, and infection prevention,” said GBAC Executive Director Patricia Olinger. “We are pleased to see facilities completing the annual reaccreditation process as well to showcase they are committed to protecting visitors and employees.”
Sage Realty in New York manages six class A properties and more than three million square feet, from loft-style offices in the Meatpacking District to state-of-the-art office towers in the Financial District. To reassure its tenants that it is taking the appropriate precautions against COVID-19, the property management company offers building handbooks that detail entry/exit points, best practices for communal spaces, indoor air quality strategies, enhanced cleaning protocols, and more. Sage Realty also sought trusted third-party verification of its biorisk prevention, response, and recovery from GBAC STAR.
The following facilities have earned GBAC STAR accreditation:
- Sage Realty, 2 Gansevoort St. in New York
- Sage Realty, 437 Madison Ave in New York
- Sage Realty, 747 3rd Ave. in New York
- Sage Realty, 767 3rd Ave. in New York
- Sage Realty, 77 Water St. in New York
- Sage Realty, 777 3rd Ave in New York
- Fredericton Convention Centre in Fredericton, New Brunswick
- Hyatt Regency Buffalo in Buffalo, N.Y.
The following facilities have secured reaccreditation through GBAC STAR:
- Gas South Convention Center in Duluth, Ga.
- Grand Hyatt Amman in Amman, Jordan
- Hyatt Place Sarasota Lakewood Ranch in Lakewood Ranch, Fla.
- Mirror Lake Inn Resort and Spa in Lake Placid, N.Y.
- Palazzo Avino in Salerno, Italy
Museums or Cultural Venues
- Cox Science Center and Aquarium in Palm Beach, Fla.
- Kentucky Derby Museum in Louisville, Ky.
Stadium or Arena
- Gas South Arena in Duluth, Ga.
- Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, Fla.
Learn more and apply for GBAC STAR Accreditation at gbac.org/star.
Find accredited facilities and those pursuing accreditation via the GBAC STAR Facility Directory at gbac.org/directory.