GP PRO Survey Examines Ongoing Pandemic PrecautionsSeptember 3, 2021
As people go back to work and school, setting up their fall routines after Labor Day, they are doing so with pandemic safety measures in mind. The latest consumer poll from GP PRO asked 1,000 individuals to select two safety measures from a list of six that they feel are effective in keeping them safe from COVID-19 when away from home. Among the respondents:
- 65% believe social distancing is most effective
- 65% feel wearing a mask is most effective
- 59% deem proper hand washing as most effective
- 55% say sanitizing and disinfecting surfaces is most effective
- 54% believe frequently using hand sanitizer is most effective
- 31% feel avoiding inside activities is most effective.
Survey participants were also asked which of the previously noted precautions they have personally taken during the coronavirus pandemic and if they are continuing to practice them at the same frequency level as when the pandemic began. According to those findings:
- 67% note they have engaged in proper hand washing and continue to do so at the same level
- 59% say they have frequently used hand sanitizer and continue to do so at the same level
- 58% state they have worn a mask and continue to do so at the same level
- 56% say they have practiced social distancing and continue to do so at the same level
- 56% indicate they have sanitized and disinfected surfaces and continue to do so at the same level
- 41% note they have avoided indoor activities and continue to do so at the same level.
“What these results tell me is that as employers look at how to safely bring employees back to the workplace and as business owners continue to help keep their customers safe, they would be well served in encouraging employees and customers to continue to practice some, if not all, of the identified safety precautions as appropriate,” said Michelle Auda, senior director of insights with GP PRO. “In addition, with hand hygiene behaviors in the form of proper hand washing and frequently using hand sanitizer holding steady, it’s important that facilities are stocked with products to support these behaviors.”
About GP PRO
Based in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific and its subsidiaries are among the world’s leading manufacturers and marketers of bath tissue, paper towels and napkins, tableware, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, nonwoven fabrics, building products, and related chemicals. The company operates approximately 150 facilities and employs approximately 30,000 people directly and creates nearly 89,000 jobs indirectly. GP PRO, a division of Georgia-Pacific, manufactures and sells well-known brands like ActiveAire®, Angel Soft® Professional Series, Brawny®, Compact®, Dixie®, Dixie Ultra®, enMotion®, and Pacific Blue™. GP PRO products meet restroom, foodservice, and break room needs for office buildings, healthcare, foodservice, high-traffic, lodging, retail, and education facilities, plus a wide range of industrial and manufacturing facilities in North America. For more information, visit www.gppro.com.