GP PRO Survey Finds Cleaning Increases Consumer ConfidenceAugust 3, 2021
Increased cleaning and disinfecting efforts by retail shops, restaurants, and other public facilities have paid off in increased consumer confidence. A new survey conducted by GP PRO found that almost half (48%) of respondents increased their participation in away-from-home activities in the previous 60 days. Of that group, 32% listed the efforts businesses have taken to provide a safe and hygienic environment as one reason they are confident leaving home.
“Consumers are now taking to the streets with renewed confidence, and businesses deserve credit for making health and hygiene a priority and, as a result, playing a role in consumers re-engaging in the everyday activities they avoided for the better part of the past year,” said Michelle Auda, GP PRO senior director of insights.
The survey found:
- 61% of respondents are participating in away-from-home activities at the same level as they were before the pandemic.
- Among the 61%, 31% are taking virus-related safety precautions—such as wearing masks—if required, and 30% are taking such precautions whether required or not.
When asked which away-from-home activities they are participating in:
- 74% of those surveyed said in-store grocery shopping
- 61% said going to a drive-thru restaurant or coffee shop
- 56% stated in-store retail shopping
- 50% said socializing with close friends and family
- 46% said indoor dining at a restaurant
- 38% said they have gone to work in an office environment in the previous 60 days.
About GP PRO
Based in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific and its subsidiaries are among the world’s leading manufacturers and marketers of bath tissue, paper towels and napkins, tableware, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, nonwoven fabrics, building products, and related chemicals. The company operates approximately 150 facilities and employs approximately 30,000 people directly and creates nearly 89,000 jobs indirectly. GP PRO, a division of Georgia-Pacific, manufactures and sells well-known brands like ActiveAire®, Angel Soft® Professional Series, Brawny®, Compact®, Dixie®, Dixie Ultra®, enMotion®, and Pacific Blue™. GP PRO products meet restroom, foodservice, and break room needs for office buildings, healthcare, foodservice, high-traffic, lodging, retail, and education facilities, plus a wide range of industrial and manufacturing facilities in North America. For more information, visit www.gppro.com.