International Hotels Prepare for Travel Season with GBAC STAR Facility AccreditationMarch 10, 2022
Hotels in India, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States have achieved GBAC STAR™ Facility Accreditation from the Global Biorisk Advisory Council™ (GBAC), a Division of ISSA, ensuring they meet the highest standards of infection prevention. The latest accredited facilities also include a convention center, casino, and fairgrounds preparing for expected travel increases in 2022.
“Experts are predicting a resurgence of global tourism this summer as COVID-19 cases decrease and governments relax mask mandates,” said GBAC Executive Director Patricia Olinger. “As they welcome an influx of guests from around the world, hospitality organizations that achieve GBAC STAR accreditation are prepared with effective health and safety protocols in place.”
To achieve GBAC STAR Facility Accreditation, facilities must meet 20 program elements related to cleaning and infection prevention, including standard operating procedures, cleaning and disinfecting chemicals, sustainability, and training and worker health programs. Facilities pursue reaccreditation annually to ensure continuous improvement.
The following facilities have earned GBAC STAR accreditation:
- Summit Building Services Inc. in Concord, Calif.
- Iowa Events Center in Des Moines, Iowa
- Richard M. Borchard Regional Fairgrounds – Conference Center in Robstown, Texas
- Richard M. Borchard Regional Fairgrounds – Exhibit Hall A in Robstown, Texas
- Richard M. Borchard Regional Fairgrounds – Exhibit Hall B in Robstown, Texas
- Richard M. Borchard Regional Fairgrounds – Marvin and Laura Berry Pavilion in Robstown, Texas
- Silver Spring Civic Building at Veterans Plaza in Silver Spring, Md.
- Bethesda Marriot in Bethesda, Md.
- Hotel Nyack in Nyack, N.Y.
- Hyatt Centric Cambridge in Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Hyatt Centric Southpark Charlotte in Charlotte, N.C.
- Hyatt Regency Dharamshala Resort in Dharamshala, India
- Tokyo Station Hotel in Tokyo
- Yaamava’ Resort and Casino at San Manuel in Highland, Calif.
Learn more and apply for GBAC STAR Accreditation at gbac.org/star.
Find accredited facilities and those pursuing accreditation via the GBAC STAR Facility Directory at gbac.org/directory.