Reckitt Survey Finds Workers Concerned About Workplace Health & SafetyApril 13, 2022
A survey of almost 1,000 office workers commissioned by Reckitt Benckiser Professional’s Lysol Pro Solutions and conducted by Suzy™ found that 94% of workers are currently going into work at least once a week and 77% percent feel positive about returning to the office. However, less than one-third (32%) of the surveyed workers are confident in their company’s health and safety measures.
More than one-quarter (29%) of the workers report continued pressure from their management to come into the office when they’re sick, and almost half (47%) admit that they themselves don’t follow hygiene measures.
The survey, which underscores the importance of an effective and well-enforced office hygiene program, also revealed:
- 87% of surveyed workers feel anxiety about having a physical meeting in a confined space such as a conference room and 28% avoid communal areas altogether
- 30% are more concerned with catching a cold or flu in the office now than before the COVID-19 pandemic
- 43% believe that their office’s hygiene protocols could be better enforced
- Only 25% say their office is cleaned and disinfected multiple times per day
- 58% want their employer to provide them with disinfectant sprays and wipes to enable them to protect themselves at work.
Reckitt Benckiser Professional is a Parsippany, New Jersey-based manufacturer of branded cleaning and infection control products. For more information, visit www.reckitt.com.