ISSAlert October 8, 2015
Accessible by: anyone
Webinar: Advancing Total Worker Health®
Preventing Slips, Trips and Falls at Work and Beyond
Nov. 3, 2015; Pacific, 9 a.m. (12 p.m. Eastern)
Total Worker Health is the focus of this joint ISSA/NIOSH-CDC Webinar on the subject of Preventing Slips, Trips and Falls set for Tuesday, Nov. 3 at 9 a.m. Pacific / 11 a.m. Central / 12 p.m. Eastern. To register for this complimentary webinar, click here.
Slip and fall incidents on the same level surface continue to be the second leading cause of workplace injuries resulting in over $9.1 billion in direct costs. Falls are also the second leading cause of death and injuries at home. Finding a comprehensive approach to preventing falls, both on and off the job, is essential if we want to safeguard workers and prevent injury, disability and liability.
By attending the Nov. 3 Webinar, you will learn:
- The major causes of slip and fall incidents
- How to prevent slips, trips and falls at work and home
- The critical role cleaning and maintenance plays in promoting safe walking surfaces
- Russell J. Kendzior, president of Traction Experts, Inc. and founder of the National Floor Safety Institute.
- William C. Balek, Director of Legislative and Environmental Services, ISSA.
- L. Casey Chosewood, MD MPH, Director of the NIOSH Office for Total Worker Health®.
Registration. This Webinar is provided on a complimentary basis—there is no fee to participate. To register, simply click here.
For more information on the Nov. 3 Webinar, please click here.