ISSA Hygieia Network Scholarship
The ISSA Hygieia Network Educational Fund provides scholarship and academic support for students interested in pursuing an associate's or bachelor's degree in business, management, finance, human resources, procurement, or other approved bachelor's or associate's degree programs.
Award for scholarships will be made to full-time students pursuing graduate or undergraduate degrees in fully accredited four-year colleges or universities.
Scholarship awards will be made on the basis of merit, individual accomplishments, and evidence of leadership. Financial need and other special circumstances may also be considered.
Congratulations to the 2017 ISSA Hygieia Network Scholarship recipient, Katelyn Bard! Read more about Katelyn here.
Be a Sponsor
There are a number of ways for relevant organizations to get involved with the ISSA Hygieia Network. Corporate sponsorship forms the basis of this and demonstrates the cause of the ISSA Hygieia Network's activities.
Thank you to our 2017 Hygieia Sponsors!
ISSA Hygieia Network Awards
The ISSA Hygieia Network honored four individuals and two business instrumental in promoting women in the cleaning industry at the third annual ISSA Hygieia Network Awards Ceremony.
The following award categories and winners are:
- Member of the Year: Which recognizes a member who has made an outstanding contribution to the cleaning industry, was awarded to Michelle Mercer, senior director business development supply chain, Aramark, for her work in promoting women in the workforce and within outside organizations.
- Rising Star of the Year Award: Open to women aged 35 and under who have demonstrated their commitment to further the ideals and objectives of the ISSA Hygieia Network, was awarded to Michelle Munvez, vice president, Chemcraft.
- Man of the Year Award: Open to a senior-level man who is dedicated to promoting the advancement of women in the cleaning industry, was presented to Mark Oldaker, vice president of operations & finance - commercial cleaning, Midwest Maintenance.
- Employer of the Year Award: Presented to Earth Friendly Products for promoting women in the organization and building a community of mentorship and support that has led to a dramatic increase of women in leadership positions in the company.
- The Eidyia Award: Which recognizes companies or individuals leading efforts to reduce illiteracy rates within the cleaning industry's workforce, was presented to Professional Janitor Services of Houston.
- Special Honors Award: Presented to HAO Dang Tanascos, president, HAOskeeping, Inc., for her dedication to diversity and inclusion within the industry.