GBAC STAR™ Accreditation Checks In at 40 Additional Hyatt Properties and Other Facilities Around the WorldOctober 23, 2020
The Global Biorisk Advisory Council® (GBAC), a Division of ISSA, has announced that 50 facilities have achieved GBAC STAR™ accreditation this week. The Forum in Inglewood, Calif.; the Minneapolis Convention Center in Minneapolis; 40 Hyatt properties; and other facilities around the world can display the coveted GBAC STAR accreditation seal throughout their locations to give visitors and employees added assurance about their health and safety protocols.
“While a facility may look and smell clean, that doesn’t necessarily mean that the space has been thoroughly cleaned and disinfected,” said GBAC Executive Director Patricia Olinger. “The GBAC STAR accreditation process helps facilities learn the proper cleaning, disinfection, and infection prevention processes so they can carry these out on a daily basis.”
GBAC STAR is performance based and was developed by experts who have spent their careers focusing on creating protocols for facilities to reduce risk during outbreaks. All current and upcoming accreditations are searchable via the GBAC STAR Facility Directory, making it incredibly easy for the public to understand which facilities are dedicated to the new standard of clean.
The following properties have achieved GBAC STAR accreditation, the gold standard of prepared facilities:
- The Forum in Inglewood, Calif.
- EFS Facility Management in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Lynnwood Convention Center in Lynnwood, Wash.
- Minneapolis Convention Center in Minneapolis
- Alila Solo in Jakarta, Indonesia
- Andaz Seoul Gangnam in Seoul, South Korea
- El Capitan Hotel in Merced, Calif.
- Emerald Maldives Resort in Fasmendhoo Island, Maldives
- Four Seasons Resort Palm Beach in Palm Beach, Fla.
- Grand Hyatt Doha Hotel & Villas in Doha, Qatar
- Grand Hyatt Macau in Macau
- Grand Hyatt Shanghai in Shanghai
- Hampton Inn Odessa Trinity in Odessa, Fla.
- Hotel De Anza, San Jose, Calif.
- Hyatt Centric MG Road Bangalore in Karnataka, India
- Hyatt Centric Victoria Harbour Hong Kong in Hong Kong
- Hyatt House WPG South in Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Hyatt Place Augusta in Augusta, Ga.
- Hyatt Place Boston/Seaport District in Boston
- Hyatt Place Calgary Airport in Calgary, Alberta
- Hyatt Place College Station in College Station, Texas
- Hyatt Place Dallas-North/by the Galleria in Dallas
- Hyatt Place Flint/Grand Blanc in Flint, Mich.
- Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport in Jacksonville, Fla.
- Hyatt Place New York/Yonkers in Yonkers, N.Y.
- Hyatt Place Orlando/Convention Center in Orlando, Fla.
- Hyatt Place Rogers/Bentonville in Rogers, Ark.
- Hyatt Regency Aurora – Denver Conference Center in Denver
- Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor in Baltimore
- Hyatt Regency Dubai Creek Heights in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Hyatt Regency Greenville in Greenville, S.C.
- Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa in San Antonio
- Hyatt Regency Indianapolis in Indianapolis
- Hyatt Regency Istanbul Ataköy in Istanbul
- Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront in Jacksonville, Fla.
- Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson in Jersey City, New Jersey
- Hyatt Regency Los Angeles International Airport in Los Angeles
- Hyatt Regency Merida in Yucatan, Mexico
- Hyatt Regency Shenzhen Yantian in Guangdong, China
- Hyatt Regency Qingdao in Qingdao, China
- Hyatt Regency Wuhan Optics Valley in Wuhan, China
- Miraval Austin Resort and Spa in Austin, Texas
- Park Hyatt Chicago in Chicago
- Park Hyatt Saigon in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Park Hyatt Siem Reap in Siem Reap, Cambodia
- The Chesterfield Palm Beach, a Small Luxury Hotels of the World member property, in Palm Beach, Fla.
- The Eliza Jane in New Orleans
- Thompson Playa del Carmen, Playa del Carmen, Mexico
- Thompson Seattle in Seattle
- The Point Distillery in New Port Richey, Fla.
“With each new addition to the list of accredited locations, we are taking yet another step in the right direction to make facilities safer during these uncertain times,” said ISSA Executive Director John Barrett. “Meanwhile, the GBAC STAR Facility Directory tracks all pending and confirmed accreditations to keep consumers updated on places that are responsibly responding to today’s infectious disease threats.”