IICRC Extends Deadline to Join Consensus BodiesOctober 14, 2019
The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification (IICRC) has extended the application deadline for eight of its standard and field guide consensus bodies to October 31.
The IICRC is currently seeking volunteers to serve on consensus bodies for the following standards and field guides:
- BSR/IICRC 340 Standard for Professional Cleaning and Maintenance of Leather Furnishings
- BSR/IICRC S530 Standard for Indoor Environmental Assessment for Suspected Mold Contaminated Structures
- BSR/IICRC S590 Standard for HVAC Cleaning and Decontamination in a Water-Damaged Environment
- The BSR/IICRC S710 Standard for the Development of a Scope of Work in a Fire- and Smoke-Damaged Environment
- BSR/IICRC S740 Standard for Professional Restoration of Fire- and Smoke-Damaged Personal Items
- BSR/IICRC S900 Standard for Professional Remediation of Illicit Drugs, Cannabis and Nicotine Residue
- IICRC Field Guide for Safety and Health for Professional Cleaners
- IICRC Field Guide for Safety and Health for Disaster Restoration Professionals
“We’re always looking for experienced and dedicated individuals to get involved in the standards-writing process,” said Brandon Burton, IICRC standards chairman. “It’s a great way to share your knowledge and expertise while helping to further the industry.”
For more information or to fill out a digital application for one of the committees, visit www.iicrc.org/IICRCStandards.
IICRC is an ANSI-accredited standards-setting body for the flooring inspection, floor covering, and specialized fabric cleaning and disaster restoration industries. Organized in 1972, IICRC currently represents more than 5,700 certified firms and 54,000 certified technicians in 22 countries. For more information, visit www.iicrc.org.